Deliver meals to home-bound, vulnerable seniors. Maintain Meals on Wheels frozen meal inventory, to include ordering, conducting daily inventories, receiving meals from caterer, and maintaining tallies. Maintain Mobile Market grocery supply, to include ordering of groceries, pricing, stocking, daily inventories and filling and delivery of orders. General warehouse and equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fill orders for frozen dinners and groceries from food storage facility, load transport van and deliver meals to home-bound clients and to satellite sites.
- Account for daily orders and receipts from clients and sites.
- Maintain warehouse and equipment as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Check in frozen meal deliveries from caterer and post to freezer door. Rotate stock properly.
- Take delivery totals off of inventory sheet for following day. Call totals in to caterer in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion.
- Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Must be at least 25 years old, for insurance purposes.
- Experience working with the elderly population preferred.
- Delivery driving experience in Seattle and King County, preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Dependable work attendance and job performance.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License and an excellent driving record.
- Must maintain insurability through our carrier.
Note: All employees are subject to periodic Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Checks and must complete a Criminal History Self-Disclosure Form.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, other national service alumni, people of color, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Selection Process:This is a competitive selection process. All fully completed application packages that show the minimum qualifications and have followed the How to Apply instructions will be reviewed. Interviews will be scheduled for those applicants whose qualifications in the areas listed above most closely correspond to the position’s requirements. In order to preserve our resources toward furthering our mission, only candidates with whom we wish to arrange an interview will be contacted. All others will be maintained in our files for a minimum of six months.
At Sound Generations we embrace the belief that racial and other social identities should be respected and affirmed. In support of this belief, we are building an equitable and inclusive organization and providing our team of staff, volunteers and board members with the tools to address institutionalized racism and other forms of oppression. All members of our team are responsible for providing and supporting an equitable and inclusive work environment that will enrich our interactions with each other and our products and services. This responsibility provides the foundation for empowering our customers (primarily those who are aging and giving care to others) so their needs are justly represented and their desires amply fulfilled.
Sound Generations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required