Family Promise of Northern New Castle County (FPNNCC) prevents and ends homelessness for families by engaging congregations, volunteers and donors. Family Promise NNCC provides shelter diversion, rapid rehousing and shelter for families. Please see www.familypromisede.org for more info.
We are expanding to serve even more families with our services. This Case Manager will primarily manage our successful community-based rapid rehousing program (we call “Pathway to Housing”), however will learn all of our programs including our shelter programs and unique shelter diversion, assisting with them as needed.
Case Manager Job Objective
This organized, compassionate, and motivated person will assist families experiencing homelessness obtain outcomes such as securing employment and securing/maintaining housing. Currently, over 80% of families secure and maintain housing and we need another Case Manager to help more families achieve these outcomes!
· Receive referrals from Centralized Intake and promptly follow up with families.
· Work from an asset-based, trauma-informed, housing-first approach, and help families secure housing. Assist them to work through barriers as needed:
o Work with other Family Promise Case Managers to deliver resources, referrals and workshops related to employment, budgeting, housing plans, and educational planning.
o Utilize Family Promise’s resources as well as community partnerships.
· Assist with finding housing for families and getting families ready as needed: debt repair, ensuring families can get utilities turned on in their name, will have furniture, etc.
· Extensive landlord cultivation and landlord mediation/advocacy/collaboration.
· Serve as an advocate for families where appropriate.
· Provide crisis support to families and volunteers as needed.
· Conduct biweekly meetings with new families and monthly meetings at minimum once housed. It is expected you will conduct home visits/ communicate in a way that is mutually convenient.
· Caseload is estimated to be about 30-35 families at any given time (in various stages of the program).
· Possibly work with/ supervise volunteer family mentors and interns.
- You will be part of organization on-call system as we do provide shelter; provide coverage for nights/weekends (approximately 1week/month).
· Document all case management activities- Family Promise utilizes CMIS database and Salesforce as our own cloud-based tracking system for services, case notes and other key information.
· Keep case file records for every family, meeting program, funder and family needs.
- Schedule is expected to include one evening shift/week and one weekend day at least once/month (or a similar combination). Job requires flexibility and will involve weekend/ nights to meet with families.
- Must have valid driver’s license and willingness to use personal vehicle; may transport guests.
- Assist with ensuring cleanliness and safety of the Day Center, meeting the guest needs.
- Assistance at fundraisers and special events (currently, we have two a year).
Education, Experience and Skills
· The successful candidate is enthusiastic and extremely compassionate and can display good judgment. They will take initiative, and help families achieve outcomes. Must have a can-do, figure-it-out attitude and can get creative to help families secure housing.
- Four-year degree (BSW, psychology, or related degree) desired.
· 3 years’ experience in direct service related to employment placement, housing/shelter, and/or family services preferred.
· Expected case management skills include trauma-informed care, rapid-rehousing, housing-first and a strength-based approach.
- Must be detail oriented, execute projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment; able to prioritize, self-manage, work independently and use good judgment at all times.
· Must possess a positive attitude, modeling this for families we serve.
- Must be proficient in computer programs and demonstrated record of tracking outcomes, recording case notes.
- Comfortable working with various constituents: guests we serve, landlords, faith community volunteers, corporate and foundation partners, etc.
· This is a full-time position with benefits: health insurance, generous PTO, retirement match.
· Mileage reimbursement for work-related car travel.
· Starting salary is $32,000-$37,000.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required