The Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive plan to identify, build relationships with, solicit, and steward corporate and foundation donors and aims to build key partnerships to support strategic priorities. With equal parts externally facing and internally partnering, the Development Officer should have one eye on the organizational fundraising goals and the other on identifying and completing new opportunities. Professionalism, follow-through, and passion for relationship-building are key to this critical position. This role reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the other members of the development department to achieve the annual fundraising goals of SEEDS – Access Changes Everything.
SEEDS – Access Changes Everything (founded in 1992 as NJ SEEDS) is a privately funded, nonprofit organization. We change the lives of motivated, high-achieving students from low-income families by transforming their educational opportunities. With 160 students per year and more than 2,900 graduates, every member of SEEDS’ 25-person main office staff and 75-person site staff understands how their work contributes to students’ success every day.
· Increase total revenue in corporate and foundation channels
· Build and manage a portfolio of constituents, consisting of existing donors, lapsed donors and prospective new supporters and partners.
· Contribute to strategic planning for partnership development. Create and implement an accountability/work plan based on fundraising goals.
· Serve as primary grant writer. Lead the preparation and submission of LOIs, proposals, and funding applications for current and prospective funders. Responsible for all reporting and other sponsorship or stewardship elements required.
· Identify, research and lead outreach for new strategic partnerships with corporate offices such as Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion, and Internships.
· Conduct research and preparing briefings in support of external engagement efforts; advise on engagement strategy; coordinate preliminary and follow‐up communications.
· Prepare tracking and visitation reports; document all progress in Raiser’s Edge.
· Create a systematic approach for recognizing and stewarding donors and partners.
· Collaborate with other departments to fulfill corporate partnership deliverables
· Solicit corporate sponsorships for events.
· Other organization-wide duties and responsibilities, as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 3+ years experience working in one or more of the following: professional fundraising experience, corporate relations, foundation relations, or equivalent combination
· Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
· A problem-solving, can-do attitude with top notch planning and prioritizing skills
· Ability to work under pressure, balance multiple projects simultaneously and meet performance and fundraising goals
This position requires:
· Work on some weekends and evenings
· A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle (reimbursed)
· Use of a personal cell phone (partially reimbursed)
We encourage and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. SEEDS – Access Changes Everything aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive plan to identify, build relationships with, solicit, and steward corporate and foundation donors and aims to build…