Details: Compensation will be on a contract basis
1630 Crescent Place NW
Meridian International Center is a non-profit organization that promotes international understanding through the exchange of people, ideas, and the arts. Established in 1960 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Meridian offers a wide array of outreach, exchange, and arts programs. We promote dialogue among people of all ages about global issues, connect professionals from different countries and enrich the cultural perspectives of audiences across the United States and abroad.
The GlobalConnect division was established in 2001 to pursue new business opportunities for the organization. Our projects have involved the development and implementation of exchange programs for professionals and university and high-school students, sponsored by U.S. embassies around the world, USG agencies and private-sector firms. Our programs cover a wide array of issues—some recent topics include US foreign policy, youth leadership, empowering women entrepreneurs, human rights, journalism training, women as political leaders, interfaith issues and the US election process.
Purpose and Description
Meridian is actively recruiting a proposal development consultant who can serve as technical writer to support the GlobalConnect division on an as-needed, temporary basis. The consultant will report to the division Vice President. Individuals should demonstrate experience developing and submitting winning proposals for cooperative agreements/grants and be familiar with the process of responding to a Notification of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) solicited by U.S. State Department, especially the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), regional bureaus, and U.S. Embassies.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
No benefits offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
The candidate should have experience developing winning technical proposals in response to Department of State (DoS) funding solicitations. S/he should possess a clear understanding of best practices, evidence-based designs, and innovations in the field that will lead to successful proposal designs. Knowledge of DoS trends in spending, technical direction, and overarching goals in the particular field of interest is desired. The candidate should have first-hand experience designing and writing proposals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to design and write winning proposals responding to grant solicitations in a limited amount of time.
· Experience developing proposals for youth, academic and/or professional exchange programs
· Collaborative work style
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter including representative list of successful proposals, to HR at meridian (dot) org with Subject “Proposal Manager Consultant.” Position open until filled. While Meridian would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest and responses, only applicants who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.