Details: Commensurate with experience.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced relationship manager to maximize the effectiveness of Teach to One: Math (TTO)implementation at partner schools. The Deputy Director of District & School Partnerships will engage with district, school and community leaders to align on a vision for personalized learning and the potential of Teach to One: Math to drive dramatic growth for students in communities across the New Classrooms’ network.
The Deputy Director of District & School Partnerships will partner with regional Instructional Coaches and Operations Managers to develop and execute strategic plans aimed at improving the health and performance of a diverse portfolio of partner schools. In addition, the the Deputy Director of District & School Partnerships will work closely with the Growth & Expansion team to execute on our district expansion and renewal strategy. This role will report to the Vice President of District & School Partnerships. New York City is preferred but we will also consider candidates that live close to a major airport nationwide.
What You Would Do
Manage health and performance of school partnerships
- Partner with district, school and community leaders to establish shared annual goals and priorities around personalized learning broadly and the implementation of Teach to One: Math
- Negotiate agreements with district and school leaders to establish sustainable pathways for the ongoing implementation of Teach to One: Math
- Monitor health and performance metrics for diverse portfolio of partner districts and schools against strategic goals
- Engage with central health and performance management team to drive organizational effectiveness through reflection on drivers of success and challenge with school partnerships
- Partner with New Classrooms instructional coaches and operations managers to establish internal goals and strategies focused on improving the implementation of Teach to One: Math for each school
- Collaborate with instructional, operations and broader program team to understand and manage implementation of new program features
- Manage the escalation of program issues with schools & districts involving central team members to resolve challenges
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience and passion for work in K-12 education
- Strong leadership capacity with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience, comfort and demonstrated success working in a variety of diverse district/school settings
- Experience leading and/or implementing programs (preferably including a component of implementing technology) requiring a high degree of change management
- Strong critical thinking and planning skills coupled with goal setting and strategic planning experience
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Natural tendency toward innovative and creative problem solving
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative start-up/entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and motivate a diverse team to meet ambitious goals
- Experience establishing trusting relationships with both grasstops and grassroots community leaders
- Exceptional influencing and communication skills
- Willingness to travel nationally up to 30% time
Job descriptions provide an overview of the position, but are not designed to dictate responsibilities. Every member of the New Classrooms team is prepared to carry out any task regardless of title or department in order to fulfill the organization's mission.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit both your cover letter and resume via our online application system. Incomplete applications will not be considered.