53 West Jackson Boulevard
Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director, ASP of Chicago
Are you looking to make a direct impact on youth and poor communities by developing the lives of the people you reach?
Become a part of our growing national non-profit team whose purpose is to bring out
the All Star in everybody.
The Development Associate will function as a key part of the team that is growing philanthropic partnerships to support our youth and community development mission and campaign to establish a Center for Afterschool Development in downtown Chicago. This position will drive, manage and support the diverse activities that make up our development program including special events, communications, mail and email outreach campaigns, Board meetings, financial reporting and program activities that bring supporters together with Chicago’s youth.
- Coordinate and help execute fundraising initiatives including annual campaign mailings, email solicitations and special event leadership campaigns
- Draft and design fundraising communications, track and report on campaign progress
- Produce cultivation meetings and special events including cocktail receptions, All Stars Talent Show visits, and hands-on volunteer days for supporters.
- Create branding and communications materials.
- Coordinate registration and seating for major special events.
- Produce quarterly board meetings and prepare written, verbal and visual presentations for business meetings
- Manage donor stewardship and gift acknowledgment programs
- Assist in the management of expense budgets; prepare and traffic new gifts and pledges
- Complete additional tasks as assigned.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- 1-3 years of nonprofit or equivalent professional office experience required
- Interest in learning and participating in the All Stars Project model of involvement philanthropy
- Passion and commitment to working with youth and poor communities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and motivated
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Superb administrative skills including use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Flexibility in schedule. Some evenings and weekends are required for special events or other activities during peak season.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter along with minimum salary requirements (Word or PDF format only) to email@example.com. Please tell us why you’re interested in this role!
Indicate “Development Associate, ASP of Chicago” in the subject line of your email for fastest consideration.
To learn more about All Stars Project, please visit our website at https://allstars.org