Part Time Contract
10411 Motor City Drive
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
ORCID seeks CFO/Comptroller services to support the organization in providing efficient and appropriate financial administration, and to assist with financial reporting and strategy discussions. The position reports to the Director of Operations, and is envisioned as an outsourced service.
We seek to augment work by our Operations team, who manage accounting entries and reconciliations and our annual budgeting and reforecasting process. Although the workload will necessarily vary throughout the year and will be significantly greater at year end, the time required is expected to average two to three days per month. The CFO/Comptroller may be asked to meet with the Board of Directors if the need arises.
- Review quarterly financials and close out annual financials in an accurate and timely manner to ensure compliance with GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Participate in annual audit preparation.
- Manage financial planning and analysis at ORCID by providing recommendations on financial sustainability, cash/investment management, loan payback scheduling, long term planning and other business needs. Engage in financial modeling, forecasting and cost analysis as needed.
- Recommend improvements on a proactive basis regarding ORCID’s accounting operations including but not limited to accounting policies, automation of processes, and internal controls.
- Assist with presentations and ad hoc financial analyses to Treasurer, ExCo, and Board and consult on specialized research projects.
- Serve as consultant for ORCID’s Operations team and respond to accounting questions and issues on an as needed basis.
- 5+ years experience with non-profit accounting and reporting, including grants management.
- 5+ years experience with start-ups and a strong desire to support a growing organization.
- 15+ years experience coordinating audit activities and managing non-profit accounting activities, reporting and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks accounting and reporting software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, Board or other outside partners.
- A professional who thrives in mission-driven environments is a must!
Minimum Education Required