Regional Engagement Director - West and Central Africa, Community Health Academy
- Job posted by Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Do you have experience leading and supporting diverse groups of partners to embrace a new way of learning, especially at the intersection of technology, health, and education? If so, you may be our next Regional Engagement Director – West and Central Africa on the Community Health Academy (Academy) team.
As the Regional Engagement Director reporting to the Executive Director, Academy, you will play a lead role in building momentum and use in the region around the Academy's two digital health education platforms – the Health Systems Leadership Development (HSLD) and Continuing Clinical Education (CCE) platforms. You will working alongside country governments, academic institutions, clinical experts, health service delivery organizations, and community health workers to develop geographically specific content for these platforms.
This is a two-year fixed contract with a possibility of an extension.
What You'll Do
- Lead the implementation and content development of the CCE and HSLD platforms at the country level across your assigned region through the support of the Regional Faculty Network
- Build relationships and engagements with government partners to negotiate the digitization of national community health worker curricula
- Engage and identify new partners and cadres of users, including leading the coordination of the Regional Faculty Network to create and deliver content on our digital learning platforms
- Provide a range of high-touch technical assistance to our partners and support users and facilitate their learning through communities of practice and in-person and virtual learning opportunities
- Travel up to 30%
What You'll Bring
- Several years of experience focused on clinical education for frontline health workers and/or management practices for health systems leaders
- A track record of building productive and long-lasting relationships with external partners, such as governments and academic institutions
- Experience in using web-based or digital platforms for delivering education content
- Knowledge in training facilitation and delivery, curriculum design, and instructional design
- Fluency in spoken and written French
- A Masters in Public Health or similar degree
You'll Impress Us If
- You have done this work alongside government counterparts or other policymakers, donors, and multi-lateral institutions with a focus on or working in low-resource settings
- You have experience working in and/or developing a social enterprise
- You have a strong network of potential partners and users within your region and beyond
- You have a Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Nursing Practice, a Master of Science in Nursing, or a PhD in a health-related field
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH), an organization that has worked for more than a decade to support governments to build national community health systems, has launched the Community Health Academy, which leverages digital technology to train, empower, and connect CHWs and health system leaders around the world.
The Academy is working to support countries to scale their CHW workforces and increase the quality of care that these CHWs provide by creating the world’s first continuing education platform for CHWs and health systems leaders on a global scale. The Academy will feature a two-pronged learning platform—one supporting CHWs, and the other, supporting community health systems leaders to build their capacity to design and manage effective national-scale CHW programs and strong primary health systems. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum Education Required