· Assist the Vice President of Development and Director of Development in scheduling, drafting of emails and other correspondence, answering phone calls and voicemail, and other administrative duties as required
· Draft gift acknowledgements and donor correspondence as needed by the Vice President of Development and Director of Development
· Assist department with monthly renewals, acknowledgements, benefit fulfillment and ticketing, and other special campaigns and acquisitions throughout the season
· Assist the Membership Coordinator with answering phones and member emails
· Track and manage inventory of printed materials, including letterhead, envelopes, BREs and brochures
· Manage department mail on a daily basis, including use of messenger and parcel services
· Manage department filing on a weekly basis
· Provide administrative support for City Center’s events program, including the annual Gala, cultivation dinners, board meetings and receptions, and member events. Duties include filing, drafting and sending acknowledgement letters, creating door lists, sending follow up and confirmation emails and phone calls, etc.
· Support the Manager of Special Events with maintaining the Shuman Patrons Lounge during City Center produced shows, including ordering of refreshments and other supplies
· Provide support at the Patrons Desk during performances throughout the season (some evening and weekend work required)
Candidate must have computer proficiency, strong writing, communication and organizational skills, acute attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and a pleasant and professional telephone manner. One year of non-profit administration experience preferred. Must be available to work some evenings and weekends. Knowledge of Tessitura is a plus, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to devjobs@NYCityCenter.org or submit by fax to 212.247.4439. Please list: Development Assistant in the subject line.
City Center offers a comprehensive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.