Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks an IT Support Technician who, as a member of the IT team, will provide technical support to end users on a variety of IT issues.
Under direction from the IT Operations Manager, and working closely with the other members of the IT team, the IT Support Technician will serve as the primary line of support for Roundabout’s four venues, five theatres, two offices, and multiple ticketing outlets. Additionally, the IT Support Technician will work both independently and as part of the IT team on technology projects and IT initiatives that support and help further Roundabout’s mission.
- Provide technical support in-person, over the phone, and remotely, utilizing the help desk system to track and document issues and their resolution
- Provision, install, troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair hardware (PC desktops and laptops), software, peripheral components (keyboards, mice, etc.), and mobile devices
- Create, manage, and support user accounts and email inboxes
- Install and support network printers and copiers
- Install and support desktop phones and customer telephony needs
- Troubleshoot remote access issues
- Order and maintain stock of IT equipment, supplies, and consumables
- Create and maintain user and technical documentation, including IT knowledge-base and inventories
- Coordinate with outside vendors as required to troubleshoot and solve hardware, software, or network issues
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Participate in a rotating emergency weekend and holiday on-call schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS technical degree or equivalent training
- 1–2 years of Help Desk experience, supporting users at all levels
- Expertise in the following:
- Microsoft Windows OS (7P and beyond)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Hardware Troubleshooting and Support
- Imaging and provisioning PC desktops
- Basic understanding of the following:
- Mac OS
- Networking technologies and protocols, such as IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, and remote-access (VPN, etc.)
- Experience in the following preferred:
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- PCI Compliance
- Able to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks
- Sense of humor and ability to work with staff at all levels
- Available to work a flexible schedule (including before and after hours, and weekends), as required
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to walk between multiple, geographically distant facilities
- Able to work in confined spaces
The ideal candidate will also have an interest in the theatre and experience working in the non-profit arts.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.
Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.
This is a full time position with all standard Roundabout benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to email@example.com using the code ITST-0918 in the subject line. PDF or Microsoft Word format will be accepted. No phone calls please.