Details: commensurate with experience
1110 Bates Ave
The SIJCC is a leading center for Jewish education, arts and culture on LA’s east side.
We are seeking a creative and detail-oriented storyteller for the role of communications associate, a part-time position that will support our development department and our core programs. The communications associate will work closely with our Development Director to ensure the high-quality delivery of all our digital and print communications.
· Work with development director, events manager and rentals associate to determine and implement communication strategy for ongoing and one-off programs
· Prepare and disseminate SIJCC program and event communications through regular posting to social media, monthly community e-blasts, semi-regular e-blasts re: program updates, press releases, and more
· Design and update digital and printed collateral in-house, and liaise with outside designers when applicable
· Write creative copy for email blasts, press releases and social media posts that conveys our organization’s voice
· Create interesting, thought-provoking and eye-catching digital content for social media and emails
· Liaise with renters to get information for newsletters and online calendar. Share renters' events and info on social media
· Manage digital photo/video files in Dropbox and ensure that all documentation from programs and events is accessible and easy to find
· Update program and events calendars consistently and ensure that all information listed is accurate and accessible (both internal calendars and online external calendars)
· Update website regularly
· Maintain metrics spreadsheet that tracks audience attendance & growth at both SIJCC’s events and those of our outside renters.
· Work with development associate to update Constant Contact e-marketing lists consistently and ensure accurate coding for all ongoing and one-off event participation
· Prepare receipts and expenditures with appropriate coding for accountant as needed
· Work with development director and outside graphic designer to ensure cohesive look and accurate info for calendar mailings (2x/year), annual report and other fundraising collateral (print, online, and mailers) for events and fundraising initiatives as needed
· Support development director and events coordinator with event communications & signage needs, as well as staffing events when needed.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in an office environment; non-profit experience preferred
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong knowledge of Constant Contact or other e-marketing software
· Excellent written and verbal skills; history of copywriting preferred
· Excellent time management skills
· Strong knowledge of Canva or other design software
· Basic understanding of HTML
· Ability to make frequent changes of routine and pace of activity due to unpredictable demands without loss of efficiency or composure
· Ability to interact with many different personalities while maintaining a professional demeanor and completing work in a timely manner.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary commensurate with experience. This is an hourly, non-exempt position, approximately 15 hrs/week. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required