220 East Chicago Avenue
Are you someone who:
· Can effectively, professionally, and discreetly interact with the most significant business and philanthropic leaders in Chicago?
· Is poised, highly organized, and proactive?
· Is adept at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced work place?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Board of Trustees Liaison/Director’s Assistant who is responsible for the overall quality and efficiency of Board meetings and in tandem provide assistance to the Director’s Office. Responsibilities include scheduling and arranging all Board meetings, maintaining Board materials and minutes; presentation preparation for meetings; coordination of high-level meetings; business correspondence; answering and directing communications such as phone calls and e-mails; and assisting in managing schedules.
Desired qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or Business; five years of professional administration or office management; and:
· Demonstrated experience in positions requiring independence, minimal supervision, complete discretion, and a high level of responsibility regarding executive matters and project management.
· Superior organizational skills and the ability to anticipate needs and proactively act on them, using equanimity and professional judgment in complex situations in a rapidly shifting environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work well across multiple departments as well as with outside administrative peers, trustees, and donors.
· Excellent computer skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm with availability as needed for meetings and events. Ability to operate computers, printers, and telephones and general mobility throughout the building required.
The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.