Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
We are searching for a full-time Security Operations Manager to manage security staff for our transitional family housing facilities in the North and South Bronx and Jamaica, Queens. Day shifts, evening shifts, and overnight shifts are all available.
- Manage and supervise assigned shift staff.
- Ensures compliance with security and FDNY protocols, reports and regulations.
- The ability to train staff on protocols and procedures, as well as proper use of equipment.
- Comfortable with conducting workshops to staff.
- Train staff on incident report writing.
- Keep all critical files up to date.
- Strong administrative skills, such as organization of forms and filing
- Respond to emergency situations.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in a similar position.
- Valid NYS Security License.
- Demonstrated experience with fire safety codes and regulations at a supervisory level.
- Demonstrated experience operating surveillance camera systems and related technology.
- Computer skills a must.
- Must be proactive and detailed oriented as well as possess strong organization skills
- Must be able to be flexible with schedule
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is unionized. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
To apply, please send updated resume to employment[@]hfhnyc.org. Indicate the “Security Operations Manager” and your preferred location in the subject line of email.
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required