Reporting to the Director of Patron Insights and Engagement, the Social Media Manager (or Senior Manager) is responsible for planning and developing organic and paid creative social media content and ad campaigns in written and audio-visual forms, for an intellectually and artistically curious audience. The position works closely with the digital, web, marketing, PR, and event programming teams as well as liaises with third parties.
Please note that to be considered for this opportunity a personalized cover letter is required along with a resume.
- Master the voice, audience, and goals of 92Y, and create appropriate messaging for all 92Y digital media channels.
- Manage the 92Y presence on social media online advertising platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Beeswax, Google and other emerging platforms.
- Proactively engage in daily brand-related social conversations with followers, patrons, and staff.
- Develop, create, and distribute custom, on-brand, engaging and category-defining social, experiential, and digital content for all 92Y platforms in collaboration with internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Work collaboratively across teams to ideate and execute content initiatives and campaigns to meet programming, marketing revenue and collaboration goals.
- Analyze insights, set KPIs and provide learnings and recommendations to alter strategy, improve user experience, drive traffic, and grow subscriber base.
- Ensure all content follows best practices for metadata, thumbnails, annotations, and SEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of social and digital media-specific experience, with understanding of social and digital media concepts across industry verticals.
- Social media obsessed with demonstrable success growing accounts.
- Expert in capturing photos and video on a mobile phone.
- Extensive experience using and analyzing results from intelligence tools to inform strategy.
- Ability to quickly create engaging content, including, but not limited to copy, video, images, and other media yet to be created.
- A passion to learn and understand current trends in the social and digital media universe, including leading and niche channels.
- Proven ability in meeting tight deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, as well as superior written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and diplomatic skills.
- Flexibility, inventiveness, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Keynote.
- Basic editing in Premiere is a plus.
- Experience using ticketing and/or CRM Database platforms such as Tessitura or Salesforce a plus.
Please note that the applicable experience, knowledge, and skills of the selected candidate will determine whether this position will be a Manager or Senior Manager of Social Media.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week; Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm with a 1 hour unpaid meal break.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER