1225 Eye St. NW
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the all activities and administration of key headquarter accounting transactional functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Petty Cash. Assists with general ledger activities and account reconciliations. This position works closely with finance and non-finance staff to educate them regarding procedures related to areas of responsibility. This position is expected to explore ways these functions can be improved to better support the organization.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Perform all activities necessary to process bi-weekly payroll including maintaining related records.
· Compile data from payroll sources including for 401(k), profit sharing, FSA, benefits deductions and other deductions and transmit payments appropriately.
· Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as necessary.
· Accurately process employment changes including new hires, transfers, promotions and separations etc.
· Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations.
· Responsible for reconciliation of accurate leave accruals.
· Responsible for transmitting bi-weekly 401(k) contributions and employer match.
· Reconcile 941 Statements with the external payroll service generated statements.
· Review timesheets for accuracy and completeness and ensure compliance with AIHA timesheet policy; work with employee to resolve issues.
· Accurately process allowances for expatriate and third-country national staff.
· Produce monthly reports for management on time allocations to projects, update and distribute monthly level of effort reports.
· Ensure the annual processing of w-2 statements.
· Help train staff on timesheet system.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Audit and process all check requests, and requests for ACH, domestic and international wires ensuring compliance with AIHA policies and procedures and donor requirements. Route Accounts Payable requests for proper approvals or obtain supporting documents or approvals as necessary. Ensure all invoices/requests are properly coded. Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
· Generate and maintain a grid of the organization’s re-occurring payments and contractual obligations with due dates and ensure re-occurring and scheduled invoices are paid in a timely fashion.
· Complete weekly check-runs including wire transfers, ACH, domestic and international wires and ensure payments are mailed or distributed to correct recipients.
· Respond to inquiries with a focus on customer service and effective communication and use good judgement in escalating issues.
· Obtain W-9 information from vendors and use the accounting system to track 1099 payments. Maintain W-9 files for all vendors and prepare annual 1099 statements in a timely manner and mail them after approval by supervisor.
· Reconcile all Accounts Payable related balance sheet accounts. Organize and maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
· Monitor Accounts Payable vendor balances.
· Prepare periodic US government drawdown requests.
· Process all deposits including cash, check and incoming wires and ensure properly tracked and coded.
· Assist in monitoring and reconciling donor receivable and payable balances.
· Assist in monthly closings, prepare account analysis, assists with other general accounting and clerical functions as required.
· Organize and maintain a filling system for all HQ financial transactions.
· Maintain and distribute petty cash and serve as primary custodian.
· Prepare financial analysis for management as needed.
· Identify continuous improvement opportunities in processes and implement automated system improvements.
· Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting and at least five (5) years of experience as Accountant. Accounts Payable and Payroll experience required.
· Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills required.
· Experience in using accounting systems. Experience with MS Dynamics (formerly Solomon) preferred.
· Experience with ADP and ADP Ez-Labor Timesheet system strongly preferred.
· Experience with donor project accounting preferred.
· Familiarity with USG requirements preferred.
· Strong customer service orientation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Detail-oriented and the ability to work in a meticulous, thorough, and precise manner
· Must be flexible and able to think on their feet and able to take the initiative where appropriate.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Regular attendance required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For application, please submit cover letter (include salary expectation) and resume to HR@AIHA.com.