3601 S Broad St
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Education, Social Work, Human Services or related major preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with students and families from diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments at a variety of locations. Ability to perform in high profile fast paced environments. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- The position requires strong problem solving skills, and candidates should be highly motivated to learn, research, and collaborate with Education staff.
- Experience working with young people in the context of service learning or community service. Additional experience working with young people in an education or athletic environment preferred.
- Candidate must be committed to the importance of service learning in helping young people develop essential leadership and character traits.
- Must provide/obtain Pennsylvania School/Child Abuse clearance; appointments are conditional on successful completion of background checks
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The primary function of this position is to oversee the expansion of a foundation wide Service Learning program and coordinate the successful implementation of new programs across multiple sites.
- Coordinate and supervise all aspects of Service Learning program including long term service opportunities; internal and external community service events; rink-based programs; and special events.
- Cultivate a culture of giving back and integrate service learning throughout all Snider Hockey programs and program sites.
- Develop communications about Snider Hockey programs for distribution to students, their families, and other stakeholders through various outlets. The ability to produce and communicate clear and meaningful curricula, appropriate for various ages and backgrounds, is critical.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain positive relationships with current and potential service learning partners, local nonprofits and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, recruit, and supervise necessary staff resources, including interns, volunteers, and career employees. Coordinate, supervise, and conduct tasks related to support functions such as payroll, finance, development, risk management, and human resources.
- Frequent travel within the Greater Philadelphia/South Jersey area is required. Flexible work schedule and ability to work weekends is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a PDF or Microsoft Word version of your resume and cover letter with your name as the file name to: email@example.com. Please write "Coordinator, Service Learning" and your name in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the submission deadline of October 1, 2018.