3525 Moncure Avenue
He/she is responsible for providing case management services to assigned residents.
Some of the essential responsibilities of the Community Case Manager for Bailey’s Crossroads Community Shelter include, but are not limited to:
- Obtains an in-depth social history, conducts intake interviews, and assesses resident’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintains records in compliance with agency policy and compiles requisite statistics.
- Provides counseling and crisis intervention to residents.
- Works with deployed staff and other agencies to develop and implement services most appropriate to resident needs. Secures additional services for the resident through referrals to outside agencies.
- Completes resident update reports on a daily basis, completes progress notes, service plans, assessments, and all other pertinent paperwork as required.
- Enters and updates all resident information in the Homeless Management Information Services (HMIS) on an ongoing basis.
- In conjunction with the resident and based input from other team members, develops an individual service plan that addresses the residents' needs.
- Determines level of compliance with service plan for deliberations with interdisciplinary team on expectations and terminations. Provides residents with necessary feedback to ensure compliance. Maintains weekly contact with residents.
- Works flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and overnights, as required.
- Models caring, concerned, respectful attitude toward residents. Maintains adherence to resident guidelines and upholds shelter procedures. Is familiar with and complies with policies and procedures of New Hope Housing, Inc.
- Assists residents with identifying housing options. Secures additional supports via Housing Locator services for the residents.
- Assists residents with upkeep of apartments by meeting regularly with residents in their units. Through life skills training, teaches residents simple household chores, upkeep, and cleanliness of their homes. Assist residents with developing a budget.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the property management for units.
- Provides transportation to the various appointments either through unit vehicle or personal vehicle.
- Performs related work as required, accepts special projects and other duties as assigned.
- BA/MA in behavioral science, BSW/MSW preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Case management experience with homeless adults, mentally ill or substance abusers.
- Counseling and crisis intervention skills.
Robust benefits program:
- 100% paid employee medical/dental premiums
- Retirement program
- PTO/Sick Leave & Employee Assistance Program and
- Voluntary Life, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Minimum Education Required