Details: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
POSITION TITLE: Digital Product Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
The Digital Product Manager is responsible for overseeing Center Theatre Group’s digital projects across channels, including CenterTheatreGroup.org, mobile applications, email marketing systems, etc. This position will be the primary content manager on CenterTheatreGroup.org and manage and edit the hierarchy of programs and messages on the website, while adhering to and advising on best SEO/SEM practices. This position will also be responsible for ensuring digital accuracy and monitoring performance during non-business hours (including possible holidays).
The Digital Product Manager will also work with the Director of Communications to steer the development of new digital products and optimizations of existing ones that touch all points of the Center Theatre Group patron journey. All efforts will be focused on delivering digital experiences and content across multiple platforms from online websites to mobile apps, digital communications, and beyond. This individual is also responsible for working cross-departmentally on the creation of integrated project plans and executing and/or driving tasks to completion, drafting business requirements, creating test plans, and developing use case scenarios for various test phases such as usability and beta testing. These tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Manage, create, and align content across digital channels to ensure that messaging is consistent and engaging. Edit and proofread all website content.
- Maintain accuracy and timely upkeep of all primary and ancillary information (visitor information, dining options, performance dates and times, billing, etc.) on digital channels (website, mobile applications, emails, etc.).
- Hands-on building and execution of website promotions, email, and e-newsletters while advising on best digital practices and strategy.
- Project manage support of the discovery, definition, design, architecture, development, and deployment of new products, features, and services.
- Track and report on all digital metrics (web traffic, web-based sales trends, social media analytics, etc.).
- Work closely with the Director of Communications in leading a cross-departmental team in order to coordinate digital projects, including but not limited to all website activity.
- Assure digital content is archived for future needs and reference.
- Act as primary liaison with Center Theatre Group’s web design firm and in-house technical team(s) in conjunction with the Director of Communications to maintain website standards and guide new development.
- Administer the organization’s email marketing platform and its integration with internal digital infrastructure.
10. Manage the creation and updating of documentation and training the staff on digital best practices and digital systems, including the organization’s ticketing system in concert with the Information Systems department.
- Work with the Communications department in ensuring that all digital materials are well written and proofed for accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications in tracking all digital project budgets and progress.
- As needed, handle digital photo retouching and graphics creation in collaboration with the Graphics department.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
1.Knowledge and Essential Skills
a. Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems.
b. Advanced knowledge of CSS
c. Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics.
d. Advanced knowledge of web standards (W3C and accessibility).
e. Basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
f. Strong familiarity with technology (web, mobile applications).
g. Experience using Google Tag Manager.
h. Tessitura or previous CRM/database experience (Patron’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.).
i. Previous experience project managing digital work across an organization.
k. Cursory knowledge of PHP and XML
1.Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
a. Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in digital media content or similar field, preferably within the arts and entertainment industry.
b. Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
c. Must be able to easily travel to, within and around a variety of locations, both interior and exterior for meetings, events and other job-related activities.
d. Detail oriented.
e. Ability to work effectively in a real-time medium.
1.Education, Experience and Licensing
a. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: CTGjobs@CTGLA.org
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.