Details: $45000 - $55000 per year
<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Digital Marketing Specialist (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Career Stage: Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The Digital Marketing Specialist (Boston, MA) will work to build the Year Up brand by supporting digital marketing and communications. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Specialist (Boston, MA) will be instrumental in executing digital testing and optimization opportunities - particularly with our website, email, and text communications. Additionally, the Digital Marketing Specialist (Boston, MA) will support in creation of documentation and resources to enable colleagues to fully leverage our digital marketing channels effectively, and may act as an advisor and consultant across projects. They will be the primary point person for website updates, including creation of new microsites and landing pages.
To be successful in this role, you'll characterize yourself as a self-starter with demonstrated interest and experience in multi-channel, digital marketing. You'll bring strong attention to detail, problem solving, critical thinking abilities, and a passion for testing and optimization. You'll consider yourself a strong communicator, and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment managing projects involving multiple people and teams. Strong candidates should also bring a commitment to advancing social justice and be prepared to keep Year Up's mission as the central driver of their work.
The Digital Marketing Specialist (Boston, MA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Create, maintain, test, and optimize email, website, text content and communications
- Support marketing automation system implementation
- Execute on testing and optimization opportunities across campaigns and communications, including A/B tests, reporting, developing and sharing key insights
- Manage regular updates and SEO for www.yearup.org and other digital platforms
- Provide trainings, documentation, and staff support for digital marketing systems
- Support with development and implementation of new digital marketing tools and initiatives
- Generate insights and recommendations through data analysis and reporting
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 2-3 years' work experience, preferably with a digital marketing focus
- Demonstrated interest and experience in multi-channel digital content creation (web, email, text)
- Experience with email marketing and/or marketing automations systems
- Passion for testing and optimization
- Data analysis skills, with ability to draw meaningful insights from data
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Strong communication skills, especially over email
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Aptitude for and interest in collaborating with team to develop new marketing campaigns and opportunities for customer engagement
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, Salesforce, Marketo, and Microsoft Office a plus
- A passion for working with underrepresented young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required