1031 33rd Street
The Executive Director is the key management leader of World Child Cancer USA. The primary role of the Executive Director is fundraising. Other duties include administration, strategic planning, marketing, outreach and administration. The position reports to the Board of Directors and directly reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors.
The position is based at the Posner Center for International Development in Denver, Colorado and requires frequent national and occasional international travel.
1) Fundraising and Financial Performance: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
· Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources and partnerships to meet the budget and support World Child Cancer USA’s mission.
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of World Child Cancer USA, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
· Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
2) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for leading World Child Cancer USA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
· Responsible for implementation of World Child Cancer USA’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that World Child Cancer USA can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
· Responsible for the enhancement of World Child Cancer USA’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and deploys appropriate resources to optimize operations of the organization.
· Responsible effective administration of World Child Cancer USA operations.
· Responsible for the hiring, development and retention of competent, qualified staff, volunteers, and interns.
· Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Job Responsibilities Include:
1. Leading the planning and implementation of fundraising strategy.
2. Leading the planning and operation of annual budget.
3. Leading strategic planning and implementation.
4. Serving as World Child Cancer USA’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
5. Establishing and maintaining relationships with various organizations throughout the state, US, and internationally, and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance World Child Cancer USA’s Mission.
6. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
7. Reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of World Child Cancer USA.
8. Supervising and collaborating with staff, interns, and volunteers.
9. Overseeing organization Board and committee meetings.
10. Overseeing marketing and other communications efforts.
11. Reviewing and approving contracts for services and memorandums of understanding.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your fit with this position to email@example.com Applications without a detailed cover letter will not be considered. Please indicate “Executive Director” in the email subject line. This position starts in January, and interviewing will commence immediately.