Details: Competitive nonprofit salary. Commensurate with experience.
2922 W. Marshall Street
The Site Coordinator is responsible for providing school-wide wrap-around, drop-out prevention and intervention plans including case management and related services, at an assigned school. Responsibilities include delivery of overall planning and managing of Communities In Schools operations at the assigned school, and the implementation of the Communities In Schools model of integrated student services with Tier 1, 2 and 3 supports. Reports to CIS Program Director.
The successful candidates will have recent experience working directly with youth, a history of tackling challenges independently with quick action and creative solutions while working effectively in a team and/or school setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct annual needs assessment at assigned school, and collaborate with the stakeholders (students parents principal school staff service providers and volunteers) to prioritize and address student needs.
· Develop a school support plan focusing on identified student needs, risk factors, and assets. The plan will include measurable objectives, as well as procedures for delivering school-wide services, targeted and sustained interventions and services, the monitoring and adjustment of services, and the evaluation and reporting of progress and outcomes.
· Coordinate and manage student referrals, identifying additional students, as appropriate and/or necessary.
· Develop a caseload of students in compliance with agency expectations who will who will be connected with appropriate supports. Provide case management and coordinate delivery of integrated supports, engaging in best practices.
· Develop and implement school-wide supports focusing on prevention, enrichment and support for school culture and climate.
· Establish and maintain relationships within the community that benefit the school and students. Actively engage stakeholders to support program planning and act as an advocate for students to encourage program participation and student achievement.
· Model and utilize best practices for family engagement to increase parent involvement and connectivity.
· Ensure that data is collected, entered and reported to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner. Analyze data to guide ongoing individual service delivery and programmatic evaluations.
· Follow established protocol for regarding confidentiality, data storage, use of technology.
· Effectively manage resources, including program site budget, in-kind/cash donations, volunteers, partners, grants, and meeting all reporting requirements.
· Assist in the recruitment, orientation and training of service providers, volunteers and student interns.
· Adhere to branding standards in all communication formats.
· Understand the role of the site coordinator as it pertains to development strategies and participate in appropriate activities such as storytelling, tours, etc. Be an advocate/ambassador for the organization.
Essential Competencies of the Successful Candidate
· Ability to develop strong relationships with partners and school staff
· Ability to react quickly and adapt to changing situations
· Ability to respond to the needs of students and to meet those needs using measures that are appropriate and understandable.
· Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
· Ability to manage change with minimum disruption
Comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision. 7+ weeks of paid vacation annually.
Minimum Education Required