The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Vice President, Foundation Partnerships
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Partnerships (SVP), the Vice President of Foundation Partnerships (VP) will lead the design, direction and implementation of strategies to manage global and domestic foundation partnerships, secure new foundation partnerships, and manage relevant relationships with UNICEF and UNICEF partners. The Vice President will be responsible for growing and diversifying foundation revenue.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Lead the overall vision, direction and execution of strategy to achieve short and long-term revenue objectives with Foundation Partnerships.
- Contribute to thought-leadership objectives to grow the UNICEF brand within foundation leadership.
- Be accountable for attainment of annual revenue targets. Mitigate challenges around attainment; communicate clearly with SVP on unforeseen challenges that impact results.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of relationships with key leadership or influencers among existing and potential Foundation Partnerships.
- Establish the appropriate staff structure and foster a culture that maximizes efficiency and effectiveness for Foundation Partnerships.
- Lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive business development / fundraising plan, with an emphasis on creating a partnership strategy that targets global foundations to fund organizational priorities.
- Drive prospecting of new partnerships through research and trends to help position UNICEF USA ahead of major funding changes.
- Manage, directly and indirectly, key relationships with UNICEF Program and UNICEF Private Sector Fundraising Partnerships as they pertain to Foundation Partnerships.
- Identify, develop, diversify, and mentor talent within Foundation Partnerships.
- Leverage members of the Senior Management Team (SMT), National and Regional Boards in engagement, solicitation and stewardship of Foundation Partners.
- Review or prepare briefing documents for meetings and ensure proper follow-up.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to effectively leverage the power of the UNICEF USA brand and ensure strategies and relationships are maximized, aligned and coordinated.
- Establish key performance indicators that indicate health for Foundation Partnerships. Monitor and report regularly to senior leadership and Board members as needed on the progress of partnership programs.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
The ideal candidate has excellent leadership, strategic, management and communication skills with the presence to work with C-suite individuals, major donors, foundation thought-leaders and political leaders. Outside of a longstanding and meaningful contact list of their own, the candidate will be able to identify and execute on unique business opportunities that exist in collaboration between Corporations, Foundations, and nonprofit organizations.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of ten years related experience required
- Demonstrated experience leading successful strategic initiatives, major institution fundraising, business development, and political outreach
- Ability to build coalitions and networks of committed supporters
- Experience working with large, multi-faceted organizations and with complex, multi-layered grants in the global humanitarian aid field
- Strong ability to build and lead a team, and collaborate with other staff, individual donors, corporations, and foundations
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term strategic relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style
- Ability to prioritize opportunities and develop strategic plans accordingly.
- Willingness to work collaboratively across the organization to achieve the broader institutional objectives for UNICEF USA.
- Ability to positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising and partnership initiatives
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
To Apply- Please Apply Online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=945
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply- All Applicants Must Apply Online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=945