Design Museum Everywhere is seeking a full-time Grants and Membership Manager to support our team. This position reports to the Director of Development and interacts with most staff, Board & Council members, and other external community members on a regular basis. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 3-5 years of experience — or relevant, equivalent experience.
The Grants and Membership Manager will be primarily responsible for grants management including researching, connecting with contacts, writing, and reporting (80%), and membership fulfillment including data management, membership processing, and light customer service (20%).
Grants Management (80%)
- Manage all grant-related activities including researching prospects, writing proposals and applications, maintaining our Grant Tracker, and preparing relevant internal and external reports
- Create and implement a grant strategy to meet quarterly and annual grant submission and fundraising goals, and systematize tracking and reporting
- Foster strong relationships with existing and new partners, including foundation, government, corporate, and individual funders
- Ensure efficient information sharing and communication internally with Design Museum teammates and externally with partners and community members
Membership Management (20%)
- Manage Membership Program, including fulfilling members, updating member data, etc.
- Maintain clean/reliable data in our CRM (Kindful) donor database and generate lists/reports for solicitation and stewardship efforts
- Work collaboratively with Director of Operations to ensure accurate tracking and reconciliation of membership cycles
- Collaborate with Director of Development and Director of Marketing on membership growth campaigns
- From time to time, support the Director of Development on other development initiatives that intersect with grants and membership
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Some combination of experience with databases (CRMs), grants, membership programs, institutional funders, and individual donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including customer service skills with donors and potential funders
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail—you’ll be stewarding Design Museum relationships
- Ability to work well independently as well as in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Apple Office, CRM software suites (we use Kindful), or willingness to learn
- Detail-oriented, motivated, enthusiastic, and able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Begin ASAP
- Full-time: Monday-Friday, hours generally 9am-5pm
- We are a remote-first office, however this position will need to be able to commute to our Boston, MA office as needed for membership fulfillment, and eventually for in-person fundraising events when Covid-19 is no longer a threat.
- Starting salary range: $55,000-$60,000/year
- Benefits include: 401k, Paid Time Off, 14-15 paid company holidays per year, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, Bonus program, Parental/Paid Family Sick leave
- We work in a collaborative team environment with a non-profit-meets-startup mentality.
- Our jobs are full time, with public programs sometimes happening in the morning, evening, and weekend (we have a comp day program), and we have an all-hands-on-deck attitude.
- Pre-COVID we ate lunch together as a team every day, now we do Zoom happy hours, and even while remote, (and depending on COVID-19) we plan to get together in person a few times per year, including for a week-long annual retreat, which we’ve done the past 4 years.
- We are all creative problem solvers, even on-the-fly.
- Ownership, autonomy, and initiative — we anticipate future needs/tasks.
- We ask questions and are curious.
- We all want to see the Design Museum succeed, and this means participating and caring about our mission, content, and design overall.
- We’re flexible! Things in our environment change quickly, we roll with the challenges
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of historically underinvested communities to apply, including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities.
Learn about our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion values and goals.