Safe Horizon is the nation's leading victim assistance organization and each year serves over 250,000 people who have been touched by violence by helping victims of crime and abuse through their crises. Recognized as a leader responding to the changing needs of its clients, Safe Horizon is sought after for its expertise on issues of violence and victimization in the City, the state and across the country. Its programs are woven into the fabric of New York City: in community-based offices; domestic violence shelters; courts; police precincts; and schools. Whether responding to child abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking or other violent crimes, Safe Horizon helps victims and their families heal and rebuild their lives.
Safe Horizon’s $90 million budget and full-time staff of 850 supports a variety of program services including running a 24-hour hotline, providing safe shelter and food, and giving assistance through the legal process. Safe Horizon also provides supportive services such as mental health counseling and case management, as well as advocating on issues dealing with domestic violence and child abuse.
Safe Horizon’s Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP) applies a multi-tiered approach to eradicating human trafficking. First, we provide intensive case management, supportive counseling and legal services to holistically meet the needs of trafficked persons. While recognizing that client services alone will not turn the tide on human trafficking, our Anti-Trafficking Program also offers a range of services including community education, technical assistance, training and advocacy to foster systemic change.
The Supervising Social Worker carries out implementation of the client social services activities by providing clinical supervision and professional development to ATP’s Masters-level social workers.
· Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients. Coach and guide staff in their client practice that reflects these approaches.
· Supervise 3 Masters-level social workers by conducting individual clinical supervision, facilitating group supervision, monitoring work performance and case files
· Facilitate in-service trainings and professional development opportunities, strengthening staff’s ability to assess client needs and increase counseling and case management skills to ensure quality of direct client services
· Conduct intake and assessment to determine status as a survivor of trafficking and triage cases
· Provide intensive case management, client accompaniment, advocacy, information, and referrals to community service providers and law enforcement, on behalf of survivors of human trafficking
· Develops and continually updates ATP Social Worker Policies and Procedures governing work of social services team and interactions with clients and other ATP team members, internal Safe Horizon colleagues and external partners
· Collaborate and coordinate services with external partners to provide a continuum of care for clients
· Advocate for clients’ rights to protect the best interests of the client
· Provide in-house individual and group psychotherapy, including crisis intervention and emergency assessments;
· Advocate for clients as needed in the mental health system, including preparation of psychosocial reports;
· Maintain case records, databases, detailed statistics, and prepare progress reports and case narratives for funders and ensure that all social workers are timely and accurately entering all required client information and services into internal Safe Horizon CMS and external funder databases
· Conduct weekly one-hour individual supervision with staff to ensure quality of direct clinical services;
· Facilitate biweekly group clinical case conferencing;
· Participate in weekly supervision with the Senior Director;
· Participate in the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of new social work staff.
· Conduct occasional outreach and training presentations to identified communities and providers, informing them about human trafficking, the impact of trafficking-related trauma on victims and the services that the Anti-Trafficking Program provides, in collaboration with the Training and Outreach Manager
· Participate in community forums, panels, working groups, and anti-trafficking networks as needed
· Active participation in bi-weekly staff meetings with a small and dynamic team
· Supervise BSW and MSW interns as appropriate
· Other duties as requested by Senior Director
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Safe Horizon is the nation's leading victim assistance organization and each year serves over 250,000 people who have been touched by violence by helping victims of crime and abuse through their crises. Recognized as a leader…