Department: Connect Through Tech
Reports To: Director, Connect Through Tech
Status: Full-Time, non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Coordinator, Development & Operations of Technology Programs for Older Adults, is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining robust programs that enable older adults to use technology to enhance their social engagement and connect to resources that support independent aging. They/she/he will develop program models that address the unique needs of late tech adopters and ensure the positive and productive engagement of a specialized corps of volunteers. These programs are designed to keep pace with the ever-changing array of technology options can serve as a model for replication by other organizations. The ideal candidate is passionate about keeping older adults socially connected and building their comfort and confidence to access resources in an increasing digital world. The Coordinator is a highly proactive and critical thinker who can transform big picture goals into detailed program structures and logistical protocols that have measurable and lasting impact.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of varying technology programs and initiatives (including in-home, community, remote and onsite) that blend best practices for late tech adopters and volunteer engagement.
- Provide hands-on management for the recruitment, training, support, and assignment of approximately 75 volunteers and interns each year.
- Oversee and execute internal processes that ensure timely and targeted collection of metrics and narratives aligned with program goals and grant deliverables.
- Serve as a key advisor to the department and the agency on best practices and technical logistics for the client use of technology to access programs and services.
- Stay abreast of best practices and embed in program structures and materials.
- Create and deliver presentations that elevate DOROT’s profile by sharing expertise and program models.
- Manage all aspects of the design and production of technology program resources, including written and digital materials and working within DOROT and externally to procure the needed services and equipment.
- Partner with other departments to meet agency-wide objectives and foster collaboration.
- Communicate with Development and Marketing teams on how best to reflect program outcomes to funders, media, and other important stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Marketing team to create materials and strategies for traditional and digital promotions.
- Work with Volunteer Services to refine and develop new strategies for volunteer recruitment, orientation, and training.
- Administer and monitor program portfolio expenses against the approved budget.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience (e.g. education, social services, nonprofit management, technology training)
- Demonstrated success with program development and evaluation, project management, and volunteer management
- Current and consistently evolving knowledge of technology and best practices relevant to late tech adopters
- Demonstrated success with development of training and/or resource materials
- Considerable experience in supervising and training others
- Strong technology skills, particularly in researching, testing, and explaining new technology
- Fluent in Microsoft Word and Adobe Photoshop or (other editing program)
- Self-starter able to effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and deliverables
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communication, including public speaking/presentations
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal competencies
- Availability for five to ten Sunday and/or evening events.