235 Montgomery Street
Scope of Work:
The Coordinator, Funder Collaborations will report to the Senior Advisor, Funder Collaborations, and will be based in the ClimateWorks San Francisco Office, supporting international climate funder collaborations, meetings and projects. The ideal candidate will be a proactive detail-oriented organizer with strong event planning and project coordination skills and experience. This person will enjoy working on varied special projects, will naturally “connects the dots” across projects, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. Staffing the Senior Advisor, CWF Executives and key external partners, the Coordinator must possess an innate ability to anticipate needs, plan ahead, and consistently operate with a high-touch client-service orientation.
As part of the funder collaborations team s/he will be responsible for supporting the execution of 2-3 major multi-faceted international convenings annually, plus coordinating and implementing varied and changing internal and external coalition projects. The Coordinator will also manage and implement internal systems to support the collaborations, including managing web-based platforms and digital tools and coordination with finance and budgeting systems. S/he must exhibit professional poise while balancing competing priorities to bring deadline-driven coalition projects to successful completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following and other duties as assigned:
Meeting planning and project coordination
• Work as a core member of a high-functioning event planning team whose primary priority is to plan, organize and implement 2-3 complex international meetings annually. Within that, coordinate and implement key ongoing work streams and varying projects.
• Organize and coordinate multi-party planning processes in a highly complex environment to bring deadline-driven projects to successful completion. This includes supporting team work through: plan-, timeline- and systems creation and coordination, working-session agenda development, work stream tracking, and maintaining strong cross-team communications.
• Coordinating new, innovative and sensitive collaborative projects with strong stakeholder engagement.
• Maintain a high-touch customer service orientation with internal and external partners.
• Proactively assist the Senior Advisor and others to develop project timelines, balance competing priorities, anticipate upcoming needs and tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Aid in the production and quality control of outgoing work products, including creating, editing, and formatting Word and PowerPoint documents.
• Support the identification and stewardship of potential collaboration partners for new projects, as needed. This could include prospect research, outreach, creating flexible systems, team coordination and tracking, and customer service for new partners from varied cultures in advance of and at meetings.
Internal and operations project management
• Manage, track and implement key departmental operations and systems as well as internal operations projects that are foundational to effective collaborations. This includes:
• Participate on a variety of CWF cross-team special projects, including operational innovations, better-using technology platforms (e.g. event planning tools, Salesforce CRM, event A/V, document-sharing and other collaboration tools and platforms).
• Coordinate and implement the department’s use of these ClimateWorks technology tools and platforms that drive successful events and projects, partnering with CWF’s IT and planning teams.
• Serve as the “eyes and ears” for the department with other internal team meetings; anticipate upcoming tasks and deadlines, and alert appropriate team members, as needed.
• Manage, track and implement key department processes around project budgets, invoicing, and expenses as well as vendor/consultant contracts and payments, partnering with CWF’s finance team.
• 7+ years of relevant experience planning, coordinating and implementing distinctive, high caliber meetings and conferences, as well as deadline-driven project-planning processes.
• BA or BS degree
• Non-profit experience in organizing or advocacy work, fundraising or stewardship, coalition projects or philanthropy preferred. Experience with environmental, social justice or climate communities a plus.
• Experience building and maintaining flexible, functional systems and plans for agile events and special-project planning and coordination (e.g. plans, timelines, and tracking systems for project elements such as core planning, outreach efforts, materials development, expenses).
• Assiduous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and enthusiasm for creating seamless logistics.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including high-touch customer service-oriented communication with diverse stakeholders from other cultures.
• Flexibility in service to solutions and strong, and solutions-oriented problem solving skills.
• Experience and aptitude with web-based and technology platforms in events and project work (e.g. CRMs, video conferencing, event A/V, event planning or collaboration platforms).
• Professional poise while balancing completing priorities to bring deadline-driven projects to successful completion in a fast-paced environment.
• Tact, professionalism, diplomacy, and a good sense of humor; ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion.
• Commitment to the mission of ClimateWorks Foundation
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Google platform; quick learner with new programs and platforms.
• Ability to travel occasionally, including the potential for 2 international trips per year.
Comprehensive and competitive benefits package including 401k match and Profit Sharing contributions.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.