39 Hegeman Avenue
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Case Manager position at The Hegeman, a 160 unit permanent supportive housing residence located in Brownsville Brooklyn, for low income tenants, many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, and substance abuse. The building has a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Safety Design) silver rating and includes a 24/7 attended lobby, a community garden, a computer room, and a fitness room.
CUCS provides comprehensive on-site social services using a recovery orientation, which include the implementation of evidence based practices such as Supported Employment, Motivational Interviewing, and Wellness Self Management
The Case Manager is responsible for working with an assigned group of clients to help them live full and satisfying lives in the community; helping their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements.
The Case Manager is responsible for a caseload of 25-28 clients. The job comprises a full range of direct services to clients with particular emphasis on mental health, physical health and substance abuse services. Services may also include money management, coordination of care, medication management, on- going individual counseling, and complete documentation of these services. Additional responsibilities include involvement in evidence based practices such as Supported Employment and Motivational Interviewing. The Case Manager will participate and contribute to a program culture that is client-centered, outcome-oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
Experience and Education Required:
• Case Manager 2 – Bachelor’s Degree or HS Diploma or equivalent and 4 years relevant experience.
• Case Manager 3 - BSW and 1 year relevant experience (excluding fieldwork) or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience.
• For applicants without college degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Computer literacy required
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind