7900 Edgewater Drive
Alameda County Community Food Bank’s Development Operations and Database Manager is critical to the fundraising efforts within one of the Bay Area’s highest-impact and well-respected nonprofit organizations. This position is responsible for managing a host of operational functions – including the donor database and customer service – to support the Food Bank’s development department. The Development Operations Manager reports to the Associate Director of Annual Fund and directly manages two full-time associates to help achieve the Food Bank’s fundraising goals, while also partnering with Food Bank leadership to make strategic decisions on the implementation of critical technology.
S/he is a CRM database superstar, excellent project manager, and has strong leadership skills. S/he has a strong working knowledge of database enterprise systems and their relationships to CRMs and integrated programs (e.g., sales or donation portals). This person is a smooth operator who can deftly manage multiple revenue streams; ensure seamless and accurate reporting; and troubleshoot complicated and critical database issues – all for a for a highly-successful organization. S/he possesses impeccable organizational, interpersonal, customer service and communication skills; and the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving 1 in 5 Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking to create a healthier, more prosperous and just community for all. The distribution of 31 million meals annually, through partnerships with 200 community organizations, is the core of our efforts – which also include nationally-recognized advocacy and outreach efforts, nutrition, research, and partnerships in healthcare and education. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 11 consecutive years, ranking us among the top 1 percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience and proficiency with data management systems (preferably Blackbaud CRM and BBIS), MS Office (Word and Excel), and MS Outlook
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in nonprofit development with focus on information systems
- 1-2 years of technical IT training experience strongly desired
- Demonstrated project management skills, ideally in an IT environment.
- Previous management experience and demonstrated ability to lead staff in achieving goals
- Astute analytical skills and strategic thinker
- Excellent verbal communications skills; comfort w/ public speaking, training, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to attend work functions outside of normal work hours, on weekends and evenings, as needed
- Valid California driver’s license with good driving record; access to vehicle and ability to attend planned and spontaneous off-site duties
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred, or equivalent work experience in information systems and development
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- A roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude! Divos and divas need not apply!
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
This work is located in an office environment. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job: ability to sit at a computer workstation for up to five hours at a time, ability to move throughout the 118,000 sq ft. Food Bank facility in performance of duties, and ability to bend, lift and carry up to 30 lbs. on occasion. Ability to conduct tours in warehouse on a regular basis. Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice in person, before large groups and over the phone. Ability to interpret instructions and questions when asked. Ability to operate computer equipment. Ability to access transportation to travel to local events and meetings with external parties.
This is a full-time, exempt position. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Optional
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
- Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
- Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance: 100% coverage
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
- Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our Careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.