Details: Salary commensurate with experience
PO Box 540024
REACH Beyond Domestic Violence is looking for an experienced Communications Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Executive Director and program managers, the Communications Coordinator will manage all communications and marketing functions of the organization. This position requires exceptional writing skills, great attention to detail, experience with digital marketing and social media, and creative problem-solving.
· Work with REACH leadership to develop and execute a comprehensive communications plan
· Ensure consistency of messaging and branding across all communications to maintain and build organization’s brand
· Manage the production of all marketing materials
· Manage graphic design for all marketing materials, including working as liaison with graphic design consultant on projects unable to be completed in-house
· Develop and maintain communications/marketing calendar for ongoing communications and promotion of events and programs
· Plan, create, distribute, and monitor analytics for email marketing campaigns (including e-newsletters and e-blasts)
· With programs team, develop outreach materials for various events and programs
· Maintain website, including updating and creating new content, managing updates and organization of site, monitoring analytics, and helping improve search engine optimization
· Develop content for and manage social media channels (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and monitor analytics
· Create and distribute materials for the press, including press releases and press packet; manage organization’s connection with press and media
· Assist Development team with generating language for grant proposals, reports, and accompanying materials
· Assist with various events held on- and off-site, including collecting photographs
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development or Executive Director
· Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years of relevant experience
· Outstanding writing and editing skills
· Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple projects, and meet deadlines
· Strong attention to detail while also maintaining a clear vision of “the big picture”
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and oral and written English communication
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team and interact appropriately with Board members, donors, clients, volunteers, and community partners
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
· Significant facility with managing web content and social media
· Stays current with new technology and nonprofit marketing tools and trends
· Ability to work on a flexible schedule as needed (occasional events on evenings and weekends)
· Sense of humor and positive attitude
· Commitment to the goals and values of REACH
This is a salaried non-exempt position on a fluctuating workweek. The Communications Coordinator is a 40 hour/week position, typically M-F daytime hours.
About REACH Beyond Domestic Violence, Inc.
REACH Beyond Domestic Violence is a growing, innovative, mission-driven organization offering a range of programs and services. We seek to end domestic violence in families, communities and society. REACH has experienced tremendous growth over the past ten years. Our leadership in community building, education and prevention programs and providing trauma-informed services drives our continued growth. With a fresh strategic plan in place, the Development team is working with the Board of Directors and staff to further expand and deepen our donor base, and increase collaboration, volunteerism and fundraising from various sources. A recent move to bigger and better offices – along with the energy of our staff, volunteers and Board of Directors make this an exciting opportunity.
REACH is committed to advancing the safety, healing, and empowerment of those who experience domestic or relationship violence, through direct services and education while promoting social justice for individuals and families of all backgrounds. Our employment policies reflect our mission.
- 20 Days Paid Vacation Time, 25 Days Paid Vacation Time after 3 years of employment
- 10 Days Paid Sick Time
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Health coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, dental through Delta Dental and vision through Eye Med.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter Jean Doliber, Director of Development, at email@example.com. It is strongly encouraged to include 2-3 writing samples and/or marketing materials you have created.