Details: Salary Range is set. Experience at the listed 'Preferred' level will equate to pay on the higher end of the available range.
6856 Eastern Ave NW
Background: MANNA is a nonprofit developer of quality affordable housing. MANNA creates affordable housing for purchase and seeks to preserve or develop affordable rental housing as well. The organization was founded in 1982 and was the first organization in the country to create a 'Homebuyer's Club', which is a peer support group and homeownership counseling program. This program, created in 1986, has been replicated nationally by NeighborWorks American (formerly the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation).
Position Summary: The Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator has primary responsibility for overseeing and/or advising on MANNA’s advocacy and legislative activities, as well as outreach efforts for various programs within MANNA. The Advocacy & Outreach Coordinator reports directly to the CEO.
- Organize individuals and communities for advocacy initiatives, specifically through MANNA’s Housing Advocacy Team (HAT) in coordination with the Homeownership Center and MANNA staff.
- Monitor legislative initiatives important to MANNA’s mission.
- Foster and maintain relationships with DC government officials, local organizations and community groups.
- Represent MANNA at various public hearings and advocacy-related events.
- Participate and represent MANNA in the Coalition for Non-Profit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED), including:
- CNHED’s Ownership Housing Working Group
- CNHED’s Housing Committee meetings
- Potential CNHED board membership
- Assist in media related to advocacy, including managing the HAT blog & website (hatdc.org), MANNA's newsletter and public coverage by third parties.
- Assist Corporate Development as needed with advocacy related grant proposals, reporting and meetings with funders
- Assist Corporate Development with events/event planing (ex; Friends of Manna, 5k Run/Walk, Groundbreakings, Volunteer projects etc) on an as needed basis as requested by the Deputy Director of Corporate Development with marketing, outreach and organizing.
- Assist Corporate Development in representing/conveying MANNA's mission & brand at CFC events on an as requested basis.
- Complete other duties as assigned by CEO.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 Year Degree)
- Preferred - (Willing to substitute education for relevant experience) (1:1 ratio)
- Ability to maintain an organized list of tasks and priorities
- Prior experience within affordable housing or public policy
- 1 - 2+ Years experience as a community organizer / advocacy related position
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Calendar & Basic website management skills
- Strong knowledge of local, state & federal politics
- Highly organized & meticulous attention to details
- Able to adequately track tasks completed & upcoming tasks/priorities to accomplish
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a list of tasks/responsibilities timely and under pressure
- Ability to work independently & lead a volunteer team
- Ability to motivate adults to seek to improve their own neighborhood/community
- Ability to meet deadlines for other departments as required
- Ability to succinctly & effectively convey 'message' in written content & verbally
Additional Organizational Information:
- This is a Full-Time Permanent Position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
This position will be viewed as an 'Entry' to 'Professional' level position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested in applying for the position, include these following items in an email:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
All emails should be addressed to: JGalvez@MannaDC.org
We will be collecting resumes and creating a list of viable candidates on a rolling basis.
Applicants may be contacted immediately or after some time.
Inquiries without all previously mentioned components will be ignored.
This position will remain open until filled.