2711 Beverly Boulevard
Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking a full time Regional Supervisor for its Expanded Learning program. The primary function of the Regional Supervisor is to oversee programming and operations at up to ten (10) expanded learning program sites. In addition, the Regional Supervisor will provide guidance and support to a team of site coordinators and frontline staff. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Expanded Learning and is based primarily out of YPI’s Beverly office. Frequent travel to school sites will be required.
- Responsible for overseeing operations and ensuring program quality at a cohort of YPI Expanded Learning sites.
- Lead and assist in the planning, organization, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and services funded by After School Education and Safety (ASES) and 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) grants.
- Meet with assigned school liaisons on a monthly basis to provide program updates and solicit feedback for the betterment of the program.
- Provide technical support to program staff regarding program services, requirements and compliance-related matters.
- Effectively lead and manage a team of high-quality site coordinators to meet program and grant compliance goals.
- Ensure program elements are aligned with the goals and outputs of the 21st Century CCLC and After School Education and Safety (ASES) grants.
- Actively engage in the Continuous Quality Improvement process to assess program quality and generate action plans for improvement.
- Plan and deliver high quality, relevant, targeted professional development support to program staff and leaders.
- Together with program staff, regularly monitor and review data and outcomes to ensure that grant outcomes are fulfilled. Develop and execute action plans when necessary.
- Manage compliance requirements for State and Federal grant funding.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure program compliance and quality service delivery.
- Initiate and take part in discussions around program design to ensure alignment between the school day and after school.
- Interview, hire, train and develop staff at assigned program sites.
- Efficiently and consistently monitor program indicators and create necessary improvement plans to promote the achievement of outcomes.
- Manage internal data collection system; file and track required documentation.
- Review weekly data accountability reports (EZ Reports) and monthly STAT reports to examine areas needing improvement, and create, implement and monitor solutions.
- Use data to drive programmatic, management and financial decisions.
- Ensure the timely submission of all required reports (financial and programmatic) and supporting materials by program staff.
- Develop, manage and coordinate documents needed for internal and external program audits and compliance requirements.
- Develop, monitor and adjust school based budgets on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain documentation relating to staff performance issues and provide guidance to staff as needed.
Communication and Collaboration
- Work with management and school administrators to support collaboration and integration of the after school program into the school’s goals.
- Represent the YPI’s Expanded Learning Department during internal and external meetings.
- Establish strong and productive relationships with school site staff and administrators to ensure aligned goals and quality programs linking daytime and after/before school programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Liberal Arts, Education and/or closely related field required.
- Minimum two years experience working in an afterschool program, and at least three. years of progressively responsible program development, implementation and administration experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to ASES and 21st Century funding.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, organized, and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines, and work under time pressure.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Ability to work with varied populations, such as administrators, teachers, parents, and students.
- Strong problem-solver; strong conflict resolution ability.
- Excellent leader with knowledge of management principles.
- Experience working with individuals of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills and complete knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check (DOJ/FBI) and provide a negative TB test result.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive to work site at scheduled time consistently. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.
- Completion of other required training (i.e., risk management training, worker’s compensation, training against harassment, etc.) w
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit www.ypiusa.org to apply or click on link. A completed application and resume are required for consideration
YPI's mission is to create opportunities for low-income families and communities through technology, education and training services
YPI is an equal opportunity employer