The Delaware Center for Justice (DCJ) is seeking 2 full-time Transition Case Managers for its Community Reintegration Services Program (CRSP). The Transition Case Manager will assist in the development and implementation of Transition Plan for reentrants being released from Delaware Department of Corrections Level 4 & Level 5 facilities. There is one (1) position vacancy for New Castle County and one (1) vacancy for Kent/Sussex Counties.
About the Community Reintegration Services Program
The Community Reintegration Services Program (CRSP) provides case management support and other crucial services that foster successful reentry among individuals exiting prison who are currently on probation. Services that DCJ assists the client in coordinating include housing support, job search assistance, identification acquisition, educational/vocational placement, life skills and social support, and family reintegration.
CRSP’s transition team collaborates with the Delaware Department of Correction to create individualized discharge plans that facilitate seamless transition to the community in the first 90 days following release and laying the foundation for successful long-term reentry.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include-
· Partner with Peer Specialist, Clinical Coordinator and DDOC Behavior Health/Medical provider to support the provision of reentry services.
· Manage a caseload of individuals who have recently exited prison and are currently on probation.
· Provide in-depth, wrap-around case management services to individual clients referred through Delaware Department of Corrections.
· Perform needs assessment with each client and create appropriate case plans.
· Conduct individual case management sessions with clients, both at intake and at regular intervals while cases remain active.
· Utilize a variety of interventions such as TCU Mapping, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing to support client wellbeing and target criminogenic risk factors.
· Coordinate transportation and attendance to community appointments with client and Peer Specialist. Provide frequent client follow-up contact and support via phone, off-site visits, or office visits.
· Communicate with the courts, probation and parole, and DDOC’s Behavioral health/Medical provider as needed.
· Attend professional development trainings as requested.
· Asses and report on client progress and participation at regular intervals.
· Track and update client information using database program.
· Generate monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports to Dept. of Corrections and Management.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
o Must have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and good sense of humor.
o Must express a basic belief that people can change in positive ways.
o Documented history of work experience with individuals involved in the legal and behavioral health systems, individuals who may be homeless, and individuals who may reside in over-policed and/or impoverished communities.
o A Bachelor’s degree or relevant work history is required; Master’s degree in human services/social work or other related field is preferred.
o Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and writing skills are essential.
o Ability to motivate and establish therapeutic alliance with clients.
o Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in motivational interviewing and strengths-based case management, as well as training in cognitive behavioral therapy concepts.
o Experience performing intensive social service case management is desirable.
o Computer literacy required (ability to compose and send emails, draft client case notes, use an internet-based database system, compose documents in Microsoft Word, and perform basic internet research).
o Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
o Ability to multi-task and effectively manage work at different sites (in-office and off-site).
The Delaware Center for Justice (DCJ) is seeking 2 full-time Transition Case Managers for its Community Reintegration Services Program (CRSP). The Transition Case Manager will assist in the development and implementation of Transition…
Compensation & Benefits
This position is offered as a full-time exempt position (37.5 hours per week). DCJ offers a competitive package of employment benefits including health insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance. DCJ offers free parking and reimburses staff for on-the-job vehicle mileage.
Compensation & Benefits
This position is offered as a full-time exempt position (37.5 hours per week). DCJ offers a competitive package of employment benefits including…
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (providing available start date) and resume to Jessica Alicea at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Transition Case Manager in subject line of email and include the location applying for. No fax or mail applications, please. Applications must be submitted by September 11.
About the Delaware Center for Justice
The Delaware Center for Justice, Inc. is the leading non-profit organization in Delaware committed to transforming the quality of justice through advocacy, policy, and practice. What began as the Prisoner’s Aid Society in 1920 has evolved into an organization that currently serves both adults and youth who are justice-involved – transforming the delivery of justice in Delaware and implementing programs that facilitate fresh starts for victims of crime, youth at risk, and the incarcerated. We are a diverse staff with one vision – to continue the legacy of making a difference in Delaware.
In pursuit of a higher quality of justice, DCJ focuses on issues and actions impacting the criminal justice system, including: conditions of confinement; alternatives to incarceration; re-entry initiatives for incarcerated populations; more cost-effective & efficient use of limited corrections resources; legislative reform; meeting the needs of victims of crime; and crime prevention & intervention programs.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (providing available start date) and resume to Jessica Alicea at email@example.com. Please write Transition Case Manager…