84-35 152nd Street
The role of the Office Assistant is an integral part of the school's educational and operational program. The Office Assistant works with the School Leader, Operations Manager and Office Manager to ensure the effective day-to-day implementation of all administrative systems and routines at Growing Up Green II. In addition to maintaining the office administrative functions, the Office Assistant serves as the primary contact person for all of the school's constituents. More than just an administrative assistant, the Office Assistant shows initiative in his/her position and is given the tools and freedom to work effectively and creatively. The Office Assistant joins a dedicated team of smart, hard working, dynamic people who thrive in a collaborative professional environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Answers phones and be the first point of contact for parents, visitors, donors and vendors.
- Acts as the foundation and nucleus of the school's main office.
- Process, organize, and help track new student applications and enrollment
- Handles correspondence between the school and new or prospective families.
- Checks student uniforms in classrooms on a weekly basis.
- Enters school information onto our databases.
- Collects and deliver mail to the appropriate parties.
- Administers clerical work as needed (copying, filing, mailings, etc.).
- Provides meal tracking for Breakfast every morning and Lunch every afternoon.
- Manage field trip lunch tracking.
- Creates and update meal tracking cards.
- Helps coordinate communication with families by printing, copying and distributing notices (i.e. lice letters, half day reminders, and other items).
- Assists each day with lunch duty, recess duty, and dismissal.
- Acts as a point person for questions/inquiries from families/staff in regards to the after school program.
- Act as translator at parent conferences.
- Must be able to translate documents from English to Spanish.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bilingual, must be able to speak and write in Spanish and English
Minimum two years experience working in administrative settings
Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think on your feet
Attention to detail and superb time management skills
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Comfort working in a fast-paced office that requires juggling multiple tasks
Previous experience in an educational (K-5) environment is strongly preferred
Previous database and website management experience is preferred
Willingness to take on additional responsibilities outside of job description if necessary
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual, must be able to speak and write in Spanish and English.
Must be able to work from 8:30am - 4:30pm and flexible to cover 7am shift if needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information on Growing Up Green Charter School, visit: www.gugcs.org