Details: Depending on experience.
905 16th Street NW
LIUNA is seeking a communications specialist to join a department dedicated to building LIUNA’s visibility with the news media and using communications to engage members in political and organizing efforts.
· Develop high-impact materials that inform, educate and persuade on LIUNA’s key issues.
· Write news media materials, including op-eds, news releases and fact sheets.
· Identify opportunities to increase LIUNA’s visibility with news media.
· Maintain news media lists and databases.
· Develop talking points and background information to prepare staff for news media interviews.
· Help build communications capacity with LIUNA affiliates by providing assistance to Local Unions.
· Assist with daily news clip research and distribution.
· Distribute LIUNA communications by fax blast and email blast.
· Assist with updates to LIUNA website.
· Assist with set up for LIUNA affiliate robocall and text message blasts.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to maintain focus while juggling multiple deadlines.
· Critical thinker with the ability to work strategically
· Energetic, enthusiastic and able to occasionally work irregular hours and travel.
· At least three years of work experience.
· Preferably a familiarity with unions and / or other progressive organizations.
Position is based in Washington, DC.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply with a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Lisa Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.