PROJECTS OFFICER / RESPONSABLE DE PROYECTOS
- Job posted by Equidad de Género, Ciudadanía, Trabajo y Familia
Colonia Del Carmen, Coyoacán
Equidad de Género, Ciudadanía, Trabajo y Familia is a Mexican feminist organization that promotes gender equality as well as the Rule of Law by advocating for public policies with a gender perspective, and strengthening women’s leadership and civil participation in all areas of political and social life. The organization has three programmatic areas: Sexual and Reproductive Rights and Legal Abortion, Policies and Public Budgets for Equality and Sustainable Development, and Political and Strategic Communications.
The Projects Area oversees the design, coordination, follow-up and evaluation of Equidad’s projects. Its Annual Plan guides the Area’s activities. Though it works on behalf of all of the organization’s programmatic areas, it has historically been more closely tied to the Sexual and Reproductive Rights and Legal Abortion program area and many of the essential job functions are specific to that program. The Project Officer position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Institutional Development, but will have contact with all of the organization’s program directors as well as the Executive Director.
A considerable portion of the Projects Officer’s time will be spent on researching funders and writing proposals and reports as well as maintaining constant communication with allied organizations for the coordination of joint projects. The position may also include direct project coordination at some point and maintaining relationships with international agencies and organizations. This is a permanent position based in Mexico City.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify and research funding opportunities for the organization’s programmatic areas
- Develop letters of inquiry, concept notes and full proposals, primarily in English but also in Spanish, for potential funders in coordination with Equidad’s programmatic areas
- Organize and update information on current funders and project activities for programmatic staff
- Gather information on project implementation and produce reports on existing grants
- Assist the Senior Projects Officer in supervising and planning project coordination
- Work with the Senior Projects Officer to monitor projects
- Produce the bi-annual organizational bulletin for funders and allied organizations with guidance from the Senior Projects Officer
- Carry out tasks associated with the Executive Coordination of the Building a Pro-Choice Alliance in Mexico project and share information with program staff
- Prepare or review documents and presentations in English for Equidad’s Director and other staff members, including applications for international conferences and meetings
- Produce Equidad’s annual report in collaboration with the Projects Area team.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Senior Projects Officer and the Executive Director
- Manage organizational correspondence in English
- Take minutes in strategic and sensitive meetings
- Spanish to English or English to Spanish translation
Skills, qualities and knowledge
- Fluency in English and in Spanish
- Experience living and/or working in Mexico
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the capacity to prioritize competing tasks under pressure and against deadlines
- Strict attention to detail
- Cultural sensitivity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in diverse and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in women’s rights and sexual and reproductive rights
- In-depth knowledge of women’s rights and sexual and reproductive right issues
- General knowledge of the political and social context in Mexico
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field with between three and five years professional experience in a non-profit environment or a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience in preparing clear, convincing and well researched written documents or specific grant writing and reporting experience
- Experience in project coordination
The ideal start date for this position is in July 2018. The Program Officer is a 40 hour a week position, living in Mexico City.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and in Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and a short writing sample of your choice by email to email@example.com and directed to:
Lydia Miranda Eslava
Institutional Development Director
Equidad de Género, Ciudadanía, Trabajo y Familia
Abasolo 201, Colonia Del Carmen, Coyoacán
C.P. 06100, Mexico City.
(55) 56 58 76 54; 56 58 71 14