5 Penn Plaza
The Director serves as the chief strategist for the organization’s donor and membership data and systems. This position involves a mix of strategic planning, data analysis/reporting, quality control, internal and external stakeholder customer service and oversight of back-end development operations. The Director will work closely with staff in all departments of the organization while being housed in the development department.
- Create and implement a data strategy for the organization, including setting policies and practices for data collection, use and storage. This includes setting project timeline and goals, organization-wide discovery phase, policy recommendations and internal review process and implementation phase.
- Oversight of the ROI fundraising database and supervision of internal staff administering the database and the external ROI team who work to ensure that the database is complete and accurate and that data imports, uploads, queries, reports and extracts are performed according to established norms and protocols.
- Ensure data systems are in place for efficient flows of data into and out of ROI. This includes implementing automation of data flow and creating implementing procedures for quality control
- Ensure systems and procedures are in place for fast and efficient reconciliation of fundraising database with financial systems.
- Work with Database Administrator to ensure proper workflows, documentation, and standard processes exist to improve efficiency and accuracy of data entry and data flow between internal and external systems.
- Create and implement controls for internal processing of donations, from receipt of donations to generation of acknowledgments.
- Ensure controls and best practices in place for work of the caging/lockbox vendor. Enhance procedures and quality controls to make sure donations quickly and accurately processed and all monies and financial information are processed correctly.
- Develop, manage and distribute a regular dashboard detailing all the key income KPIs for each program within the Development department.
- Formulate, design and develop reports, tools and analyses to enable informed decision making in fundraising, political action and donor/member experience with the organization.
- Manage data flow to key external analysis partners, including external modelers, data co-ops, and data append services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Database Administrator and data entry staff.
- 5+ years’ experience administering a membership or CRM.
- Working knowledge of not-for-profit fundraising and management of membership and fundraising databases.
- Demonstrated experience with and proficiency in data analytics.
- Experience developing and improving systems as well as automating processes. Excellent computer skills.
- Experience managing back-end operations and acknowledgment programs. Demonstrated initiative in problem-solving in a customer-orientated environment.
- Solid communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and multiple projects simultaneously and to manage work under tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude and desire to successfully lead the area to excellence.
- Supervisory experience.
Minimum Education Required