Would you like to be a part of a fast growing non-profit? Are you passionate about community and making a difference in the lives of others? If so, here’s an incredible opportunity to help ensure that no child sleeps outside in our community.
What is Mary’s Place?
Mary’s Place is the largest Family Shelter provider in King County. We provide safe, inclusive shelter and services for women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. For over two decades, Mary's Place has been implementing innovative programs to move women and families out of homelessness and into housing.
As a Mary’s Place team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, and building strong relationships with fellow employees as well as our network of volunteers, partners, and providers.
Individual Giving Manager at Mary’s Place
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Individual Giving Manager to join our Development team! Reporting to the Chief of Development, you will be responsible for securing significant philanthropic support, with a primary focus on prospective donors, capable of giving $1,000 or more. In this fast pace position, you will carry out a high volume of donor outreach and stewardship activities, while managing annual gift solicitations and gratitude for a portfolio of 250+ donors.
The ideal candidate will have direct fundraising experience, a proven track record of building long-term donor relationships, as well as demonstrated success soliciting and securing donor support.
Some of What You’ll Do as a Individual Giving Manager:
- Manage a robust portfolio of individual donors for significant personal engagement in the coming year. Conduct and document a personal visits and meaningful contacts to qualify, cultivate and/or steward individual donors and prospective donors.
- Solicit individual gifts and complete necessary follow-up to advance the conversation and secure support, balancing one-to-one asks and broad-based approaches to reach the large number of donors in the assigned segment.
- Work with Annual Giving Manager, Major Gifts Officer, and Chief Communications Officer to plan and execute special solicitations and other donor communications as part of your annual fundraising plan for the portfolio and donor segment.
- Share prompt and meaningful gratitude with individual donors in assigned range and portfolio, in accordance with Mary’s Place gift acknowledgment and gratitude procedures.
- Support outreach to individual donors for Mary’s Place fundraising campaigns, such as No Child Sleeps Outside, challenge matches, year-end giving campaigns and Mary’s Place strategic events including our annual Gala and Luncheon.
Your Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in fundraising or a comparable field preferred, with at least part of this experience focused on building relationships with and securing support from individual donors.
- Proven track record engaging a large portfolio of donors to understand their philanthropic motivations, deepen their relationship with the organization, solicit new and gifts and renewals, and steward their contributions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with internal and external audiences.
- Experience leveraging annual giving tools and best practices to increase philanthropic support by individual donors and groups of donors.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, prioritize, respond promptly, and meet deadlines and performance goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor database software (experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT software a plus).
- Highly motivated, resourceful, flexible, and possesses a positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and volunteers of all levels, as well as with representatives of other organizations and institutions.
- Exhibits compassion and empathy; works well with people from all ethnic, social, economic and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of car insurance.
What You’ll Get:
- To see the direct impact of the work you do every day!
- Build your professional network
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plan; including long-term disability, short-term
- disability, and life insurance
- Great PTO package, after successful completion of the 90-day introductory period
How to Apply
Please submit applications and resumes to our careers page at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/301989/Marys-Place-Seattle/Individual-Giving-Manager
Mary’s Place is an equal opportunity employer with a culturally diverse work environment and a commitment to social justice.