We are seeking a collaborative and effective leader to join our team and push LEAF’s vision and strategy as LEAF moves into its next stage of growth. The Assistant Director will work alongside the Executive Director to envision and implement thoughtful organizational growth and serve as a lead project manager in the areas of grants, fundraising, public outreach, and organizational administration. The primary areas of responsibility include:
- Engage as a thought partner in the organization’s strategic growth by collaborating with and providing support to the Executive Director and staff team
- Supervise and manage administrative projects by establishing timelines, big picture objectives, and working efficiently and effectively
- Develop the organization’s marketing and communications to the LEAF community, donors and funders, and the general public
- Lead development campaigns and initiatives, establishing, improving, and implementing proven strategies to increase revenue yearly
- Develop LEAF’s place in the community through building/maintaining effective collaborations with partners and seeking additional strategic relationships
- Support LEAF’s mission and vision by radically seeing and honoring youth, their unique talents, and their capacity to affect change in the community
Who You Are:
- Excited to join a small, hard-working team at an organization on the front lines of youth development and innovative food system work
- Collaborative and effective - you enjoy working alongside others to envision a solution while able to advance solutions on your own as needed.
- Efficient and organized, with experience setting and managing competing priorities
- A skilled manager who is inclusive and intuitive, with experience coaching and inspiring others to do great things. You are comfortable working in an environment where solutions and support can come from all levels of the organization.
- While you can be a fastidious project manager, you are also comfortable in bootstrapping a project from start to finish, creating a tactical plan and executing independently
- 2+ years experience in organizational management
- Relevant background in nonprofit management, development/fundraising, and/or community development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with local philanthropic and nonprofit community preferred
- Familiarity with the local food system preferred
Site Location: LEAF Project Office, 64 East North St, Carlisle and LEAF Home Farm, 554 Warm Springs Road, Landisburg PA 17040 (while the majority of hours will be based out of the office location, during some times of the season the staff team will work out of the farm office)
Compensation: This is a full-time position beginning at $35,000 (commensurate with experience). This position has the benefit of some flexibility and and discretion to adjust your work hours and location after the training period and as our seasonal schedule allows. Benefits include paid time off (80 hours accrued in the first year in addition to a winter break), healthcare reimbursement benefit, and discounted access to LEAF produce and products. A sign-on bonus for relocation assistance negotiable.
To Apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working with LEAF to email@example.com.
This is a full-time position beginning at $35,000 (commensurate with experience). This position has the benefit of some flexibility and and discretion to adjust your work hours and location after the training period and as our seasonal schedule allows. Benefits include paid time off (80 hours accrued in the first year in addition to a winter break), healthcare reimbursement benefit, and discounted access to LEAF produce and products. A sign-on bonus for relocation assistance negotiable.
Minimum Education Required