Details: Salary based on experience
4565 County Road 9
Mountain Road School is seeking a School Administrator who is responsible for all the day-to-day and overall administrative and business operations of the school, including:
· Payroll, budget, bookkeeping and all financial issues.
· Admissions, retention, contracts, tuition agreements and tuition compliance.
· Providing administrative support to teachers and staff, including helping arrange field trips, tracking attendance, maintaining substitute teacher list, and overseeing staff contracts.
· Ensuring and tracking compliance with all state and federal regulations.
· Responsible for public outreach and marketing.
· Overseeing building and grounds maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in nonprofit business management and/or have the business skills to manage the administrative, operational, and financial needs of a small independent school. Specifically, an ideal candidate will have the following:
- Nonprofit or business management experience: The ideal candidate will have experience operating and managing all business and administrative aspects of a school or nonprofit entity, including budgeting and fiscal oversight, payroll, bookkeeping, admissions, tuition programs, and tracking compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Fundraising experience a strong plus.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, a leadership model that emphasizes collaboration, cooperation, respect, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and problem-solving skills, including the ability to consistently maintain composure under stress.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and gracefully manage the demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit a calm and loving presence at all times to children, staff, and community.
About Mountain Road School
Mountain Road School is a small, independent school located on a 20 acre campus in New Lebanon, New York. Founded in 1975, Mountain Road offers a progressive education, multi-aged classrooms, and a focus on nature based learning for children preschool through eighth grade.
Mountain Road School supports, challenges and empowers the whole child within a loving and collaborative community of parents, teachers and students.
A Mountain Road education fosters academic and creative excellence, ethical and spiritual development, engagement with the world, and creates a foundation for lifelong learning.
At Mountain Road School we celebrate and create opportunities for vibrant learning. In our community we:
- Embody a culture of compassion
- Inspire critical and creative thinking
- Learn and teach responsively through emergent curriculum
- Develop resilience by cultivating a clear and steady approach to challenges
- Nourish the reciprocity between the human and the natural world
It is the policy of the school to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
Generous vacation time and tuition benefit for your own children to attend Mt Road School
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send Cover Letter and Resume by email.