211 South 4th Street
As a staff member of El Puente, the Program Coordinator is expected to uphold and work within the mission, philosophy and principles of the organization. She/he must work with the Director and other staff members to: design & manage a holistic arts & academic enrichment program; ensure the integrity of El Puente’s Membership Process; and to achieve expected contractual outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Director with all aspects of program
- Provide support to Program Aide in collecting data for completion of monthly reports
- Coordinate afterschool and evening programs
- Maintain files
- Assist with monthly activity reporting
- Responsible for participant outreach and program development
- Develop and update community resources, and make referrals for participants, as needed
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all safety procedures, including safety issues and incident reports
- Responsible for activity observations and staff evaluations
- Responsible for conflict resolution and mediation between members
- Experience in developing and coordinating youth and adult programs, management and community development
- Attend appropriate staff and team meetings, training, and events.
- Learn the upkeep of program finances including but not limited to: invoices, check requests, and time sheets.
- Work with the Director to develop and implement year-round community center programming: after school program summer programming, co-locators, teen/adult programming that reflect El Puente’s Mission and 12 Principles, fulfill contractual objectives, and are structured, age appropriate, and project based.
- Support outdoor field trips by managing paperwork (bookings, train passes, directions) and covering appropriate staff to student ratios.
- Work alongside the Director with developing parent involvement and support.
Benefits include vacation, health, dental, 401K.
Minimum Education Required