Are you looking for the opportunity to use your skills and experience in security to help those who are in need? Bethesda Project has a great opportunity for you to use those skills to keep staff and guests safe, while being a helping hands to those who may be in need at our shelter.
The Security Staff is responsible for the overall security of the facility. The staff member will work with the Security Supervisor, staff, shelter guests and program participants to ensure safety. The life experiences of the homeless men vary widely and mandate that staff be able to respect and value all individuals.
This is part-time position, serving a facility that is operated 24 hours daily. Qualified applicants must be available to work multiple shifts.
- Check incoming shelter guests and their belongings at the door for concealed weapons or drugs and contraband or paraphernalia.
- Escort non-compliant program participants out of the building.
- Contact police back-up by calling 911 if necessary.
- Work with all staff to enforce the behavior code of conduct.
- Alert staff of any observable behavior that is suspicious or threatening.
- Report equipment malfunctions to the Maintenance Manager to arrange for repair.
- Record all noteworthy incidents and observations.
- Inform other staff members coming onto their shift of circumstances they may need to know about in working with the men.
- Patrol the building regularly during assigned shift including the outside area.
- Secure and patrol the building at time of curfew.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings
- Knowledge of safe behavioral management techniques.
- Experience in security preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational communication skills.
- Team-oriented disposition.
- Some familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel programs.
- The ability to escort disruptive men out of the building.
- The ability to stand throughout an 8-hour shift.
- The ability to walk and climb stairs as building security dictates.
- The ability to lift (30) pounds
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume and salary requirements (Word or PDF Format only) via our website:
Applicants offered employment will undergo a Criminal History Report, reference and background checks and pre-employment testing (drug screen and/or physical examination).
We regret that we are unable to personally acknowledge receipt of employment inquiries due to the large number of submissions that we receive. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in Bethesda Project.
Bethesda Project is a non-profit human services provider that has been serving the Philadelphia community for over 35 years. Bethesda Project is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a 403(b) plan.