1400 I St., NW
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Research Assistant for the International Research Unit. As a member of the Unit, the Research Assistant will work as part of team providing technical support to DC-based and in-country staff, grantees, and other advocates working to achieve tobacco control policy change and strong implementation in low- and middle-income countries.
· Conduct searches on tobacco control topics and areas of related interest.
· Translate findings from reports and other documents into presentations, fact sheets, and other materials for dissemination and/or posting on the Campaign’s website.
· Assist in responding to rapid research requests for facts and research documents from staff and partners.
· Maintain electronic records of research articles, fact sheet files and contact lists for the international research team.
· Assist with general office duties and administrative tasks as well as creating spreadsheets proofreading materials and creating PowerPoint presentations.
· Assist with writing advocacy letters to policymakers.
· Assist with organizing workshops and other events hosted by the Research team, other Campaign teams (e.g., country teams), or key partners.
· Participate in team meetings.
- Familiarity with conducting literature searches, including Internet searching.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofing with attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think critically and take initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented work environment
- Undergraduate degree and familiarity with research and/or health sciences terminology.
- Foreign language skills a plus
Minimum Education Required