2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Permanent Housing Coordinator for our Home of Hope Bridge program. Under the supervision of the Program Manager – Over-18 Housing Services, the Permanent Housing Coordinator supports low-income young people who are enrolled in the Home of Hope-Bridge program and Rapid Rehousing case management to secure permanent housing in the community. This position builds and maintains positive relationships with local landlords and property managers in King County. This position is responsible for being a resource and supports for the program case managers to help participants secure and maintain permanent housing. This position requires a high degree of flexibility in responding to emergent needs of young people in crisis as well as good organizational and documentation skills.
The Permanent Housing Coordinator will be based out of a YouthCare program site and will be expected to travel throughout King County to meet young people where they are. Additionally, the Permanent Housing Coordinator may be required to occasionally attend meetings at other YouthCare programs and facilities to publicize the HOH-Bridge Rapid Re-Housing Program and to recruit potential new participants.
Successful candidates will have:
- 1 or more years of case management experience.
- 1 or more years working with landlords and community partners in any capacity.
- Firm understanding of Landlord and Tenant laws
- 1 or more years working with young people experiencing homelessness.
- Experience working in crisis situations and de-escalation techniques.
- Understanding of issues affecting young people experiencing homelessness; knowledge of age-appropriate resources.
- Access to a personal vehicle and a willingness to transport young people in your personal vehicle. Possession of required liability insurance to transport young people in your personal vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Permanent Housing Coordinator