Access Living is looking for a spirited Digital Engagement Specialist to join our team. The digital Engagement Specialist will lead our social media and website content creation efforts. He or she will work with different teams throughout Access Living to coordinate digital marketing for our advocacy, fundraising, and service activities, to promote Access Living, and to increase awareness and engagement. This will include maintaining an organization-wide digital content calendar, posting on social media channels, writing and developing emails, and making website content updates. The Digital Engagement Specialist will work closely with, and be supervised by, the Director of Communications.
Specific duties include:
· Craft digital media campaigns aligned with strategic goals
· Ensure overall digital content has a cross disability, intersectional perspective and lens
· Work with the Director of Communications to write, create and edit digital content (e.g. website, blogs,
press releases, email campaigns, and podcasts)
· Manage end-to-end digital content projects
· Maintain a strong online advocacy, service, and community-oriented voice through social media
· Monitor social media activity on issues of importance to Access Living and the disability community
· Host/participate in online events (Twitter chats, advocacy activations, etc.) to build online engagement
· Develop plans and shareable digital content to engage members, our board, allies, supporters and
employees in getting the word out about Access Living’s work and important disability related issues
· Assist in organization-wide website redesign and launch
· Maintain our web presence to boost brand awareness
· Work with communications team members to develop timely and relevant video content as part of a
larger online strategy
· Liaise with program and fundraising teams to develop online campaigns and to ensure brand
consistency across marketing channels
· Suggest and implement creative direct marketing methods to build community
· Monitor and analyze online campaigns to ensure they’re aligned with the established strategy,
reporting monthly on progress
· Track and report on website and social media analytics, working to continually improve them through
strategic Search Engine Optimization and content optimization
· Assist with Public Relations and media tracking/reporting
· Ensure all digital content is accessible to a wide range of people with disabilities
· Stay up-to-date with digital media developments
· Ensure internal accountability processes are met such as database entry and quarterly reports.
· Other support duties as assigned
Qualified candidates should have a majority of the following qualifications:
· Proven work experience as a Digital Media Specialist, Social Media Manager or Marketing Coordinator
· Solid knowledge of the Adobe suite and social media marketing tools
· Familiarity with web content management systems
· Experience with SEO optimization, Google analytics, and/or Google grants
· Excellent analytical and project management skills
· An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
· Strong and written communication skills
· 2-5 years of relevant on-the-job experience, degree in Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, preferred
Equipment: Computers, Lync system, fax, copier, online data web applications, social media applications, Constant Contact, WordPress Microsoft Office suite, and software experience, including power point and design, required.
Physical Demands: travel mainly within Cook County.
People with disabilities, members of other minority communities, and those with personal experience with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required