Details: + $100/chapter launched
Net Impact is looking for an enthusiastic student or recent graduate (alum of a historically black college or institution preferred) to expand positive social, environmental and economic impact across the HBCU community through Net Impact Chapters. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are passionate about Net Impact to gain experience in community outreach, engagement, networking and project management.
Entrepreneurial role with big impact!
As the Net Impact HBCU Community Expansion Ambassador, you have the opportunity to drive outreach and engagement efforts to build new Net Impact Chapters, specifically at historically black colleges and universities. Today, Net Impact Chapters encompass more than 350 communities in 50+ countries. They host events and programs designed to promote leadership, career advancement, knowledge sharing, professional connections and impact at the local, national and global levels.
The HBCU Community Expansion Ambassador is a temporary contract position that will support our Chapter Expansion team. The Ambassador will build a targeted outreach strategy and schedule, generate lists of applicable contacts, communicate with interested contacts via email, phone, and in-person visits, track contact responses and answer questions, adjust outreach strategy as needed based upon response rates, and report progress regularly to the Community Expansion Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to build business, marketing, and communication skills, enhance experience in socially responsible/sustainable business, nonprofit management, and social entrepreneurship, and grow a community of contacts and colleagues in academia.
Key responsibilities include:
· Implementing a targeted outreach strategy and schedule to engage new HBCU campuses around the U.S. with Net Impact programming
· Sourcing and generating targeted contact lists
· Managing and executing communication of contacts over email and phone
· Travelling to college campuses to conduct in-person meetings with key faculty and student leaders
· Supporting prospective Chapter leaders by connecting them with the tools, resources, and staff at Net Impact Central to enable them to successfully launch a Chapter
· Facilitating introductions between new Chapter leaders and existing Chapter leaders within the HBCU community
· Reporting weekly progress to Net Impact’s Community Expansion Manager
· Current student or alum of a historically black college or institution preferred
· Current or previous Net Impact Chapter member preferred
· 1+ years of relevant experience (can be concurrent with school)
· Superb communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly with student and faculty audiences
· Excellent persuasion skills: we’re looking for someone who can convince others to take action!
· Experience with sourcing and generating leads
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, nonprofit environment
· Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, etc.)
About working at Net Impact
Our passionate team engages our community in events, projects, and initiatives designed to inspire and support them to make an impact now and in their future careers. We bring an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and optimistic outlook to work every day.
Candidates should be aware of the following attributes of working at Net Impact:
· We have a fantastic team and culture
· People at all levels must be both doers and dreamers; we are looking for visionary and creative idea people, but also individuals able to dig into details and execute
· We are a nimble and fast moving organization that shifts rapidly to meet our goals; people do well here who are comfortable with a fast pace as well as ambiguity at times
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 26 years. Today, our community of over 100,000 individuals in more than 350 Chapters includes college students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Duration: 4+ months
Hours: 20 hours a week for 16 weeks, hours may fluctuate depending on need during peak and down times during the year
Flexible Location: In or around the following cities:
· Charlotte or Raleigh (NC)
· Dallas (TX)
· Birmingham or Montgomery (AL)
· Jackson (MS)
· Washington, DC
· Baltimore (MD)
· Columbia (SC)
· New Orleans (LA)
· $12.25 per hour (not eligible for benefits)
· $100 bonus for each new Chapter launched (up to 5)
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email the following application materials to email@example.com. Please include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – HBCU Community Expansion Ambassador”) in the subject line of your email.
Applications will not be considered without the following:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications