The Community Engagement & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing and implementing programs and initiatives. The focus areas will be: marketing and communications, programming, data collection and analysis, and special projects.
The Community Engagement & Marketing Coordinator will also assist the Executive Director with general office and organizational management as well as other projects and programs as necessary.
- Assist with the implementation and management of marketing initiatives including social media, website, electronic newsletters, and special announcements/invitations.
- Interface with business and property owners as well as neighborhood residents and stakeholders.
- Assist in the management of BID programming and events and other initiatives aimed at promoting the district, assisting businesses, and fostering a sense of community among BID members.
- Keep records and prepare reports in accordance with grants and contracts.
- Gather economic data and other information on commercial, retail, and residential markets for the purposes of publishing reports and data to highlight the district and specific trends.
- Help maintain filing systems and BID databases, prepare documents and meeting minutes, schedule meetings, prepare agendas and meeting materials, etc.
- Help manage all aspects of office administration.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with additional preference for concentrations in public administration, public policy, urban planning, or similar.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in one or more of the following areas: government, public policy, politics, organizing, event planning, social media, real estate, economic development, business assistance, non-profit, or urban planning.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in urban planning and economic development.
- The candidate should be highly organized, a self-starter, and deeply comfortable building relationships with stakeholders and community members.
- The BID is a small office of two staff members and the role is well-suited to a candidate who possesses a “can-do attitude”, resiliency, the ability to balance a myriad of tasks both large and small, and be highly collaborative.
- Must be capable of participating as a productive and thoughtful member of a team while also being able to manage certain tasks and responsibilities in an independent manner.
- Knowledge of social media, familiarity with web design, graphic design, mapping, and data collection skills would also be desired.