Details: We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, a generous benefits package, and a pleasant work environment.
Firelight Media is a non profit organization dedicated to developing emerging documentary filmmakers who tell stories about people, places, cultures and issues that are underrepresented in the mainstream media, and to developing audiences for their work. Firelight’s key programs include the Documentary Lab, a flagship mentorship program that seeks out and develops emerging diverse filmmakers, and the Impact & Engagement Lab, which harnesses the power of documentaries to educate, motivate and inspire diverse audiences through strategic partnerships, powerful events, online engagement and training for organizers.
Our sister organization, Firelight Films, is award-winning filmmaker Stanley Nelson’s film production company. Recent projects include: The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution, Through The Fire: The Legacy of Barack Obama, and Tell Them We Are Rising: The Story of Black Colleges and Universities. We are currently in production for a film on the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
Firelight Media’s Office Manager is responsible for managing the day- to- day operations of the organization. The Office Manager is a key position promoting staff and office cohesion. S/he must be able to work closely with all staff to promote an open, inclusive environment that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork. S/he should be energetic and eager to discover and invent solutions to substantive, administrative and operational challenges. S/he should possess good judgment as well as a sense of humor and thrive in a small but growing organization. Personal alignment with the mission and goals of the organization is essential.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate overall office management including the purchase and maintenance of inventory for office supplies, equipment and furniture, etc.
- Schedule and organize logistics for meetings, travel, and conferences
- Address IT issues when possible, and interface with IT consultant
- Assist in preparing materials, reports, and minutes for staff and Board meetings and other presentations
- Serve as primary human resource contact for small but growing staff, ensuring that policies and procedures are clear, understood and followed by staff and consultants
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects
- Secure vendors and consultants to maximize cost effectiveness and quality services
- Maintain personnel, vendor, and other organizational files
- 3+ years administrative experience required and prior work in the arts, social justice, or other not- for -profit organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and the Google suite of apps
- Highly organized, efficient, strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi task, take initiative and work under short deadlines
- Experience with IT, database software, Internet conferencing platforms a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please be sure to put “Office Manager” in the subject line.
Firelight Media is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.