Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Juvenile Rights Practice has an opening for a Paralegal II in the Practice's Bronx office. The Paralegal II works as part of a team with lawyers and social workers, assisting in the legal representation of children in Family Court.
* Conduct legal research
* Assist at intake; process preliminary case information into database, conduct conflict checks, gather information and determine prior history
* Digest case records
* Monitor provision of services and agency compliance with court orders
* Advocate for benefits and services
* Locate files and obtain documents
* Interact with court personnel to facilitate office operations
* Gather case information from other agencies
* Prepare and assemble court papers
* Make field visits
* Assist with service referrals and special projects
* Interview witnesses and collateral sources
* Conduct background and follow-up interviews with clients
* Other duties as assigned
Bronx - Juvenile Rights Practice Office
* Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited paralegal program, Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or satisfactory completion of a comprehensive in-house training course appropriate to practice area
* Excellent writing, verbal, organizational and computer skills
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Experience working with children and families
* Excellent interpersonal and advocacy skills
* Proficiency in the Spanish language desired, but not required
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required