920 Sacramento St
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works closely with the Associate Director, Executive Director, staff, volunteers, and alumni to effectively coordinate communications that broaden awareness of Cameron House’s programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be an integral part of the CH development team, and will execute all communication as well as support fundraising efforts.This position will assist the Associate Director by collaboratively ensuring that community outreach efforts reflect the caring culture of Cameron House.
Marketing and Communications
- Work with the team to develop a marketing and communications plan that strategically includes short- and long-term goals for reaching a broader base of donors and cultivate and retain donor relationships through communication efforts.
- Spearhead any work involved with communications, marketing, and program outreach efforts.
- Keeping our digital content, including text, visual, and multimedia components, updated on Wordpress powered website, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Design, create and distribute direct mail, appeals, media/press kits, brochures, newsletters, and other promotional materials.
- Identify and explore public relations opportunities, prepare press releases, and help maintain and enhance positive community relations for agency.
- Provide program support and editorial assistance to Program Directors as needed.
- Represent Cameron House at community events and various committee meetings.
- Create and maintain a marketing and communications repository of materials that will be accessible to Board and staff for communications,fundraising, and historical needs.
- Support CH events such as Carnival, annual fundraising gala, and other development activities.
- Contribute ideas for short- and long-term strategic fundraising tasks and goals.
- As needed, help secure increased financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporation via special events, solicitations and campaigns, and grant writing.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Project Management
- Bilingual/Biliterate English & Cantonese (preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising, communications or related nonprofit area.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, oral and written communications skills with an ability to relate to and communicate with diverse communities and people of all ages.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate project logistics, working collaboratively with volunteers and/or staff.
- Outstanding attention to details and consistent follow up.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Apps, design programs such as In Design, social media sites, and other computer systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and motivate others positively to accomplish the same.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as able to take direction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a strong commitment to the mission and goals of Cameron House.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen well, create positive relationships through teamwork, customer service, tact, dependability, diplomacy, flexibility, and humor.
- Positive approach, can-do attitude, and proven ability to collaborate in a small, friendly office.
- Familiarity with the challenges of immigrant communities as well as the special issues facing women and children exposed to domestic violence, and/or youth development programs.
- Comfortable picking up the phone or meeting face-to-face, pitching our organization and its programs with passion and credibility.
- Graphic design and/or video editing skills a big plus.
- Cameron House is a faith-based organization that does not discriminate; candidates should be comfortable working in this kind of community.
Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, retirement
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual/Bi-literate English & Cantonese (preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2018. Subject: Marketing & Communications Coordinator + Your Name
Cameron House is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.