We are seeking a Licensed Clinical Behavioral Health Specialist to provide high quality mental health and substance use screening and patient support. As a behavioral health specialist, you will be responsible for engaging patients and providing screening, initial assessments, short term interventions, and referrals. Additionally, provide support to healthy living groups. COH is employing an integrated approach to behavioral and primary health care. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and closely coordinate mental health care with the patient’s primary care provider and, when appropriate, other treating mental health providers;
- Screen and assess patients for mental health and substance abuse disorders;
- Support and closely coordinate mental health care with the patient’s primary care provider and when appropriate, other treating mental health providers;
- Provide patient education about common mental health and substance abuse disorders and available treatment options;
- Document all direct and indirect care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted agency, medical, and legal standards;
- Monitor patients (in person or by telephone) for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications;
- Provide case management and care coordination through appropriate needs assessment and referral, and coordinating with other providers, telephone contact with patients and their families, and contact with outside agencies; and
- Consult with other department providers regarding referrals, screening, treatment plans and care coordination.
- LICSW required;
- Thorough knowledge of diagnostic categories, mental health and substance use screening, referral resources, evidence-based treatment modalities, suicide assessment, and therapeutic crisis intervention;
- Ability to function effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team and to collaborate well with other disciplines despite potential disagreements or conflict;
- Experience working with Medicaid populations preferred;
- Two years of clinical experience preferred.